View from the stand...

growalot

I thought a post of views from the stand would be nice. Most are now trimming lanes and checking stands so it's a good time to take some pics to let us see what you do. I rarely take pics while hunting ...I try not moving much ...though in the blinds it's easier. So before or during hunting take a pic or two and take us on stand with you,as it were. I'll start with and old pic.

2015 blind left view.JPG

blind rt veiw.JPG

• Like 9

Nice ...helluva shooting lane.

Thanks I just came in from discing that entire lane way...now I am going down to finish opening the parallel  shooting lane in the top picture in the woods. They walk through and stop...because I put low brush piles the entire length...that hesitation before jumping into plot is just enough time for a good shot...I also need to open up the trees to a few oaks on the edge of that and so more sun gets to it. I then will (from top pic) plant turnips to about end of where that ladder is,130yrds.  From there to (second picture) I will plant 150 yrds of Wht Institutes chicory plus...from there to the corn out front will be WW and turnips. I do need to run...after last year I know I need to open up the woods behind that blind...It's where I shot an 8pt in gun and I got lucky in that he did run through the only opening I had in the woods...It's a bit tight in there as you can see in the picture...

TF that reminds me of the upper woods at camp...nice spot...

2015 gun buck.JPG

• Like 4

4848bba2b2431726cdb5c78cd7f88eb3.jpg

Great rifle stand in the southern tier.
Deer usually make there way up this side of the hill in the early morning hours working their way back to bedding....took a few deer from this stand the last couple years and was lucky enough to double on a buck and doe opening morning 2015. Made a 115-120 yard shot on the buck directly down this view from and elevated platform I rebuilt named Stair Way to Heaven by the camp owner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My old Dell laptop is in the Emergency Room at Best Buy.  The Geek Squad is going to pull the hard drive and swap all to a external thing.  Probably 1000 pics are in limbo while they perform CPR............

Hopefully I'll have them back in my hands shortly.  Then I could post a pic or two from the drivers seat of the Killing Fields.

Man do I love/hate computers. :)

Nice pics folks!!

21 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

My old Dell laptop is in the Emergency Room at Best Buy.  The Geek Squad is going to pull the hard drive and swap all to a external thing.  Probably 1000 pics are in limbo while they perform CPR............

Hopefully I'll have them back in my hands shortly.  Then I could post a pic or two from the drivers seat of the Killing Fields.

Man do I love/hate computers. :)

Nice pics folks!!

Prayers sent and hope for a speedy recovery. 

• Like 3

Great pics everyone...keep them coming love to see others set up. ...I just got back from weeding and picking the garden ...now headed out to limb some of the trees I cut down yesterday and move the brush. I have a lot to move down that lane way before I can lay down the fertilizer, a bit more lime, drag and seed before tomorrows rains...Though  i'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT RAIN NOW...THE NIGHT AIR IS MOIST...i AM SOAKED UP TO MY KNEES FROM THE GARDEN PLANTS THEY WERE ALL DRIPPING...(SORRY CAPS) wet. had to stay way from certain plants to avoid problems...never go near wet bean plants....

ODT...that is a heck of a food fest you have there...Love the golden rod field...that I'll assume is a buck haven right there...I know they are here. Makes me laugh when I see they lease guys brush hog down all the golden rod on there place this time of year. They are surrounded by corn that will be gone  no later than mid Oct,or earlier...then will get a 3'' spreading of liquid manure...The golden rod cover will be gone and what is left is a bed if harden 3-6" spikes from the stalks..not really deer travel preference. 

10 hours ago, growalot said:

ODT...that is a heck of a food fest you have there...Love the golden rod field...that I'll assume is a buck haven right there...I know they are here. Makes me laugh when I see they lease guys brush hog down all the golden rod on there place this time of year. They are surrounded by corn that will be gone  no later than mid Oct,or earlier...then will get a 3'' spreading of liquid manure...The golden rod cover will be gone and what is left is a bed if harden 3-6" spikes from the stalks..not really deer travel preference. 

You're right, they like that 22 acre field.  Goldenrod, 4 acres of switchgrass, 8 duck ponds with lots of cattails, and 1.5 acres of food. 

• 3 weeks later...

hey ...The plots are growing and guys have been putting up there stands...lets see some more pics ...before your busy trying to hunt...I have to check a few stands sometime soon and will post up a few...what about you...love seeing every ones set ups from that birds eye view....

Nothing from a tree, ground hunter here, but here's two of my favorite spots on the private land I hunt.

EDIT: The first pic is a good area because depending on wind I can hunt it from all four sides. On the far side in this pic theres a big downed log I use as a natural ground blind.

spot1.jpg

spot2.jpg

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, growalot said:

Nothing wrong with a great ground view as well ,,,you have a couple of nice ones there...

I have a bunch more spots there. At some point I will buy a few pop-up blinds and set them up. They logged the whole thing, so I have to get in and see what they cleared and left alone. I know the second pic will not look like that anymore. My top spot is gone, there's goat houses there now from what they tell me. Logging is winding up so I will actually be able to hunt up there this season for deer.