A Stroll

DirtTime

Took a little stroll in the woods that surround the mobile home park. Figured before I ask permission I would have a peek. Pretty think in some areas, I left them alone, but did find a few piles of deer droppings and what look some some decent runs. Will be sending the owner a text tomorrow to get info on how far his land goes and ask permission to hunt. Definitely not enough room for gun, but plenty for a bow.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That's the dream, to walk out of your new place and be in a stand in minutes! Good luck

Never been able to do that before, but sure would be nice.

27 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

If you don't know the guy well take a few beer over and introduce yourself...good luck

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't know him very well, met him twice. I know he likes to shoot, but I don't think he's a hunter. Neighbors say he's pretty religious, so that might play into thing. 

18 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

Hope it works out........good luck..

Thank's all for the good luck wishes.

Edited by ....rob

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Religious ?     Ix-nay on the eer-bay....

He doesn't live on premises, but yeah, I don't think a beer bribe would work. LOL

Just going to ask if I can bow hunt and where the land boundaries are. Pretty sure I already know the property boundaries.

He doesn't live on premises, but yeah, I don't think a beer bribe would work. LOL

Just going to ask if I can bow hunt and where the land boundaries are. Pretty sure I already know the property boundaries.

The guy who owned the property behind me was the most religious man I ever met and hunted like crazy...may play into your favor...mention you will keep an eye on things

5 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

The guy who owned the property behind me was the most religious man I ever met and hunted like crazy...may play into your favor...mention you will keep an eye on things

He seems nice enough. But, can never tell. Will know in a day or two.

Would be great to be able to hunt every day, health allowing.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Wouldn't it be the opposite with gun and bow? As long as u got 500' at least with a gun the deer probably drops right there.
With the bow it's running through the park bleeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There just isn't enough land IMO to go in there with a gun. Yes, I can get 500' away from the nearest building, but, I would be very limited to the spots I could set up in and be able to shoot safely. I gave that some thought. I also thought about the hit deer running onto the main road close by and getting blasted by a vehicle. These are things we have to look at when hunting semi populated areas like the one I am in. No different then living in a cul-de-sac just outside of a town or city and hunting that land.

56 minutes ago, growalot said:

A well placed shot shouldn't  see a deer run over a 100yfds...usually 20 -50. I'd be more concerned on who owns ,what's beyond the Park property. Good Luck.

Right you are Growie, and thank you.

Gave thought to getting permission for recovery as well. One step at a time though. No sense getting permission for recovery and then not have permission to hunt the land I want to hunt.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, growalot said:

No way to do it in person? A text on something like that...wouldn't fly for us...

Thought the same thing. Person to person would have been so much better.

On a side note: I wish cell phones were around while I was in HS. Would have been so much easier texting them and breaking up with a girlfriend I didn't want anymore^_^

Nope. He has people that fix things around here and we mail the rent to he and his wifes company. Like I sad, we saw him once when we saw the place and filled out the papers, then we had a leak and he came ti fix it. When I call about small things he texts me back and sends someone to look at it.

Only talked to him on the phone once, when we were trying to get insurance and we needed the dates when things were last replaced or repaired. I know he has three parks, a few houses, an apartment building, and his own farm. 

I have to double check with my buddy from NZ. I have  permission to hunt their property ( just not this season ), and the adjoining 70 acres to the east. Need to get details if I can hunt that land this season, while they are logging my buddies parents land.

Edited by ....rob