Hunters Rendezvous - FREE Event - Huntington Station, NY Sunday August 21st.

NFA-ADK

Great event by the guys at Suffolk Archers.  Had a wonderful time and learned a lot on deer calling from NFA-ADK.  Thanks for hosting.

It for sire was a great event! Not sure if you saw the shot placement booth that NFA and I started with but I heard he deer search was a pretty good as well. Glad to hear you had a good time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from suffolk archers event I had a great time made me want to get into archery. I meet ATbuckhunter hosting the 3D shoot nice guy....

Appreciate it! NFA was hosting the 3D shoot at the very end I believe, but I was the youngest guy giving tips on shot placement.

• Like 2

Thanks to Jeff, AT, and all the folks at Suffolk Archery for hosting this event. My family and I had a great time, although we arrived towards the end of the event, Jeff took the time to give us a few pointers on survival and deer calling. Very much appreciated. Thanks for your generosity Jeff.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

I sent a friend there. Not a hunter but just got a bow with his daughter and was interested. Sent me this pic. 8417529f58be2344ebcc5802df8dfafb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That's awesome! One of our members got a goat and showed everyone how to field dress and butcher a goat (similar to deer). Definitely a great thing to watch for new hunters and experienced hunters.I believe he was taking the fat off from around the heart in the pic. 

• Like 1

I sent a friend there. Not a hunter but just got a bow with his daughter and was interested. Sent me this pic.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

From the look of your friends picture, I was standing right behind him.

• Like 1

That's awesome! One of our members got a goat and showed everyone how to field dress and butcher a goat (similar to deer). Definitely a great thing to watch for new hunters and experienced hunters.I believe he was taking the fat off from around the heart in the pic. 

We had some goat chops at camp a few years ago and I can truly say it may be the best meat I ever had! Sounds like a fun event I wish I were closer

I was so busy I did not take any pics or do video, sorry.  I will check with some of the members to see if anyone has some.  It was great meeting some of the member from the forum.  I wish I could have had more time to go over the calling but between the deer search changing his course and the butchering I really did not have enough time to even start the presentation so tried to explain the things that have worked for me over the years in a mini crash course.  It was great meeting Elmo, Hawkenwoodsman and Shawnhu along with friends and family and the many other guest we had.  We had some experienced hunters tell some stories that helped in the explanations of how, when and why to call and why sometime it works and other times it sends them running.  

Thanks for your support on shot placement ATBuckhunter, your after-shot arrow inspection was impressive and I hope that many understood your information as this is one of the most important things after a shot is taken on a deer. 

Thanks to the NYS DEC Police for coming to our event and answering the many questions we had about hunting!  Thanks for protecting the animals we love so much!!!  THANK YOU for all that you do!

Really just a great time with many experienced hunters sharing knowledge, stories and why some thing are common knowledge to experienced hunters and others we learn.  I might be running this even next year and would love to get Mr.Peter Fiduccia (The Deer Doctor) to come and do a presentation or possibly Mr.Charles Alsheimer!  Both would be pathetically awesome.  Ahh to dream, but for now HUNTING SEASON IS 41 days!  

SO Great meeting our members, new and seasoned hunters, I hope the vast amount of information in all the presentations helps improve your knowledge of the amazing animal we love to hunt.  I hope you get out and enjoy our amazing woods while chasing the animal I have fell in love with so many years ago.  Most important is be safe, so I can hear your stories when you get out! 

Last year was our safest year on record, I pray we can do it again and make NY the safest place to hunt! 

Thanks again for coming to Suffolk Archers, it was our pleasure having you all at our beautiful club!

Edited by NFA-ADK
  • Like 6

Just a FYI, the guy I convinced to go is a total hunting newb with a 12 year old daughter.  I thought it was pretty damn cool they showed up and went and he said it was pretty good. Hoping to get them in the woods some time! They have only shot their bows about 5 or so times and then I saw you post this and said you should go with your daughter. Always looking to bring new peeps in the sport!  Hoping to get at least him in the woods this year just to sit and watch. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

I was so busy I did not take any pics or do video, sorry.  I will check with some of the members to see if anyone has some.  It was great meeting some of the member from the forum.  I wish I could have had more time to go over the calling but between the deer search changing his course and the butchering I really did not have enough time to even start the presentation so tried to explain the things that have worked for me over the years in a mini crash course.  It was great meeting Elmo, Hawkenwoodsman and Shawnhu along with friends and family and the many other guest we had.  We had some experienced hunters tell some stories that helped in the explanations of how, when and why to call and why sometime it works and other times it sends them running.  

Thanks for your support on shot placement ATBuckhunter, your after-shot arrow inspection was impressive and I hope that many understood your information as this is one of the most important things after a shot is taken on a deer. 

Thanks to the NYS DEC Police for coming to our event and answering the many questions we had about hunting!  Thanks for protecting the animals we love so much!!!  THANK YOU for all that you do!

Really just a great time with many experienced hunters sharing knowledge, stories and why some thing are common knowledge to experienced hunters and others we learn.  I might be running this even next year and would love to get Mr.Peter Fiduccia (The Deer Doctor) to come and do a presentation or possibly Mr.Charles Alsheimer!  Both would be pathetically awesome.  Ahh to dream, but for now HUNTING SEASON IS 41 days!  

SO Great meeting our members, new and seasoned hunters, I hope the vast amount of information in all the presentations helps improve your knowledge of the amazing animal we love to hunt.  I hope you get out and enjoy our amazing woods while chasing the animal I have fell in love with so many years ago.  Most important is be safe, so I can hear your stories when you get out! 

Last year was our safest year on record, I pray we can do it again and make NY the safest place to hunt! 

Thanks again for coming to Suffolk Archers, it was our pleasure having you all at our beautiful club!

Thank you, I appreciate it but I believe you deserve all the praise for this event. It was well organized and well planned and I don't believe it could have gone much better than it did. I think you gave more information than any of us got when we started bowhunting so job well done! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

Just a FYI, the guy I convinced to go is a total hunting newb with a 12 year old daughter.  I thought it was pretty damn cool they showed up and went and he said it was pretty good. Hoping to get them in the woods some time! They have only shot their bows about 5 or so times and then I saw you post this and said you should go with your daughter. Always looking to bring new peeps in the sport!

Glad they came out! I think I spoke to them towards the end when they were getting their bow's tuned...seemed like a decent enough fellow.

• Like 2