Keeping license safe

upstatehunter

My hunting license is carried in my wallet in the orange protection case.....kept there because when i hunt my wallet goes in my bag.....I own a welding, fabrication, sandblasting and painting business.....when Sandblasting the sand gets everywhere and then makes license hard to read.....so here is the question and please don't poke fun....can a hunting license be laminated? 

• Like 1

It's an ok idea...you still need your tags when afield I believe.

I think that notation on your drivers license is the same as the card you are issued when you buy the lifetime license...he is still going to need to keep his tags somewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting, I have never even considered carrying them in a wallet. Out of the mail box into a plastic bag with a couple pens and in the fanny pack. But then again I never carry my wallet in the woods either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do mostly for loosing them factor...I tend to take my pack off alot and walk around the hill or to stalk sit on or whatever if I ever forgot it and couldn't find it I'd loose all my tags. Same reason why my good gut knife is on my side to not in my pack lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hmmm interesting, I have never even considered carrying them in a wallet. Out of the mail box into a plastic bag with a couple pens and in the fanny pack. But then again I never carry my wallet in the woods either.

Aren't you supposed to have your drivers license on you as well while hunting...or is that something I just heard from an old timer?
So I place tags and hunting license in my pack with a working pen....then usually zip up my wallet and keys in another pocket.
Don't want to leave my wallet in my vehicle near the road for fear of someone realizing in am hunting and they take a gamble of breaking in an stealing my wallet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mine has always gone in my wallet, this way there is 0 chance I ever forget it when heading up to camp.... Even if i leave my pack at home I can make due with what I have at camp....or if i randomly head out to public land after work I always have it

• Like 1

Don't know about you people (guys esp), but I've enough credit/debit cards, medical cards, driver lic, pistol permit and misc crap in my wallet already w/o adding hunting licenses and tags. Am I the only one that has ever run their wallet thru the washing machine? Worse case scenario, believe you can get replacement lic & tags with only your driver's lic...!??!

Don't know about you people (guys esp), but I've enough credit/debit cards, medical cards, driver lic, pistol permit and misc crap in my wallet already w/o adding hunting licenses and tags. Am I the only one that has ever run their wallet thru the washing machine? Worse case scenario, believe you can get replacement lic & tags with only your driver's lic...!??!

That's my exact reasoning for not carrying it in my wallet. I never carry my wallet in the woods because I mainly hunt big woods. If I loose my tags they are easy to get replaced. If I loose my wallet I'm in trouble!

Never washed my wallet .... Yet.  Have CCW permit in wallet too and carry while hunting.  Mine as well have everything together in my wallet. I know I can't carry during ML and don't bow hunt. Not sure you can't carry tags in back tag holder. My daughters are there now. Don't want her losing them 

I'm among the WALLET guys..

My wallet goes everywhere with me.

I hunt deer, turkeys, geese, ducks, rabbits , squirrels, upland game birds, and I do a lot of fishing( which is on the same license).

There is no particular piece of gear that goes with me in all of those endeavors, other than my WALLET...

I have never  had a wallet go through the washer,  but I have taken a few unscheduled  dips in creeks, rivers, lakes and swamps.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

That's the back tag...your not allowed legally (I believe) to carry your licence/tags in your back tag holdet

Stoney, I don't think  it is illegal  to carry your license/tags in your backtag holder, but the DEC recommends that you don't.

Compared to a wallet,  a backtag holder is relatively easy to lose.  I have lost several over the years.

• Like 1

Stoney, I don't think  it is illegal  to carry your license/tags in your backtag holder, but the DEC recommends that you don't.

Compared to a wallet,  a backtag holder is relatively easy to lose.  I have lost several over the years.

I thought I read it somewhere...I'll have to look around

Edit....you are correct pygmy not a law just discouraged

On 8/9/2016 at 7:43 PM, upstatehunter said:

My hunting license is carried in my wallet in the orange protection case.....kept there because when i hunt my wallet goes in my bag.....I own a welding, fabrication, sandblasting and painting business.....when Sandblasting the sand gets everywhere and then makes license hard to read.....so here is the question and please don't poke fun....can a hunting license be laminated? 

NO!, the regs specifically state that laminating your license will destroy it.