Stoneam2006 2016 hunt and trap

stoneam2006

Well tomorrow I am getting a voluntary layoff for 4 to 8 weeks. My machine broke down and I figured with winter duties my boy not doing so hot in school and my trap line I could use the time home even if only a month or so. Sat I gotta go to Buffalo to christmas shop and get truck undercoated starting sunday am I'll be out sun up to sundown for the remainder of season then grab dad's sled from canandaigua and start breaking trail for my line. As of now I'm just under 3 foot on top of hill so outta be an interesting season. Hopefully sat weather melts it down some and I can get trail packed down enough for quad to run it decently. Good luck to the rest going out for remainder of deer and other targets.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6d999480f0eca867e55c4da2b4a73a70.jpg4db785d1dea358d28c00e4c595cb9bba.jpgcdb81e73f448aac4a4210dbc4e28e040.jpg

So I was happy to see that the coyotes apparently don't think I smell to bad lol. I sat on that rock probably 6 times in 3 weeks and they still walked right by then I think other track may be bobcat but was hard to tell. Pretty pumped to trap this property seems like the yotes been around with the deeper snow

• Like 1

So I had a fun and long day in the woods today on stateland in fingerlakes. After 2 hr drive this am I made it to stateland with a buddy after a few 2 man drives we were walking back to truck. When we noticed a deer in a bush. Within 20 feet of it I assumed it was wounded and was now just finishing the job for someone. Anyway needless to say I pull it out to find no wounds apparently it was just thought it was invisible. But it's another tag closer to tagging out. 1 more day6b3c5b4e431d67c0d61545588eec9a6a.jpg

Other pic Buddy's dad 1st of the seasonc8ce51a7b7abb14825a1c7326d69696d.jpg

• Like 5

Well off to a good start......not...lol I decided I'm gonna wait till Monday to set with upcoming warm weather this weekend. Picked up dad's sled and it's been working good. Crashed it yesterday with the old lady on then today we were Cruz in around and I flipped it sideways trailing arm is broke and had water in my oil so now to fix it lol. Told the wife it wouldn't be riding without breaking down. Took me 2 hrs to get quad up there to winch and drag my way outta there.....I'm beat already and I still have alot of work to do

We have a lot less snow out west in zone 9F (about 2").   I just got back from a short walk around on my cross country skis.  The conditions are pretty good for that.  There sure were lots of critter tracks in the fresh snow.  The concrete bridge across the creek out back was especially popular with them last night.   Muskrats were detouring sideways across it as they paddled along the banks, and deer and turkey were using it to cross.   My neighbor has taken 8 coyotes so far this season, and that is one of the few tracks I did not see today.      

I had my Ruger 10/22 slung on my shoulder.  I don't know if it was the excitement of seeing some rabbit tracks, or the sole breaking loose on my left shoe, that caused me to fall down pretty hard.  I think I will try a little JB weld on that Alpina shoe and see if it will bind the hard rubber sole to the leather upper.  If that don't work, I will drill thru from the bottom and grind flat, some machine screws and nuts put in from the top.          

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1