Deer blowing

Kot2B

So recently while out in the field I heard a deer blow. I was texting with a buddy and said doe blowing between us. He said how do you know, it could be a buck. With that being said, has anyone had first hand experience witnessing a buck blowing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I've had deer bust me and blow for literally ten minutes walking away and another deer come in minutes later. I know it's a warning but in my experience they don't wipe out an area, just sit tight

Right on! I've had them walk in to me, looking to see what the other deer is blowing at.

• Like 1

Not a call I'd add to my arsenal of hunting tactics, it is an alarm sound. I have responded back to them in the dark and then seen what I think were same deer after sun came up. They are wild animals, somewhat curious and all will respond differently to varied situations. Okay, have to admit I have played with deer that have done the alarm blow. Never had one approach, but they are real curious, blowing back & foot stomping at what it was blowing back at them, esp if they can't see another deer.

So recently while out in the field I heard a deer blow. I was texting with a buddy and said doe blowing between us. He said how do you know, it could be a buck. With that being said, has anyone had first hand experience witnessing a buck blowing?

Yea I spent a weekend in San Francisco for work last year and there were bucks blowing all over the place