Doe Bleat Calls

nybuckboy

I tried the "newer" can call yesterday evening.  I am honestly about clueless with it.  I used it twice, one tip over, waited about 15 seconds, and one more tip of the call, and I put it away for the night.  Within 5 minutes a 3 point came walking by.  I tried it at this particular spot because it has subtle rolling hills which limit long distance vision.  He must have been right over a hill.  My boss told me also that if you are in a more open area, where you can see long distances that using a can call might not be the greatest idea at fooling larger bucks due to the deer hearing, but not getting visual proof of a doe making the noise.  That tip was good I thought, something to think about.

when I say I used it twice, that was yesterday evening, i have tried it last year, no luck, thinking I over used it, but not sure.

I might be stating all the obvious here, but it was one of things that I never thought about being the open, versus more of a shorter vision area.

Edited by Bionic

On 10/27/2016 at 10:38 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Regarding the can call, some guys blow into the hole rather than tip it so they can control the length of the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not know that... thanks for the info.

I have called in 3 younger males with mine so far.  The can really does work.  I also bought the  Extinguisher deer call and that thing works great!  I was able to call in a doe out of a standing corn field.  The doe is now in my freezer :)

• Like 3

On 10/27/2016 at 10:38 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Regarding the can call, some guys blow into the hole rather than tip it so they can control the length of the call

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the old style and that is exactly how I use it. It gives much better control of the sound. it has to be blown into in the upright position though. 

• Like 2