Rut status for Northern Zone?

Mossberg500Guy

Theres one for the SZ so I figured i would start a topic for us who hunt the Northern Zone to share thoughts on the rut...

I am not a bow hunter so i've only been out in the woods for the last 2 weeks and have yet to see much rut activity, i hunt a few hundered acres in the 6K area and seen few does and a 1 buck out of range but this was on opening day and seen nada since then, besides finding a few scrapes and 1 rub the rut seems to be nonexistent, field corn seems to be the most active food plot right now especially at night and i think they are bedding in the corn as well, cause i have not seen them active in the day or kicked any out of bedding... So what are you guys seeing in the north and will they get more active in day?

What few deer I have seen have been does.  They didn't seem like they were being pressured by bucks.  I also haven't seen didly squat in terms of rubs or scrapes.

Weather has been somewhat warm as well, so I don't know if that is throwing off the rut a little bit.

Not seeing much rut activity in 6g or 6k seeing a few does but seem unpressured, only seen one buck ( a spike) and very few rubs or scrapes I think we are a week or so away which stinks because I'm off on vacation this week.I don't think this relatively warm weather is helping us any either.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Cameras showed doe with her 2 yearlings trailing her come through wednesday...at around 230...so they haven't separated yet...and a 5 pointer working at making a scrape over mine but he didn't put much effort into it...3 to 4 kicks of dirt...smells overhead branch and on his way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk