A Truly Wonderful Gift From maytom!

grampy

Christmas came early to me, and I'm truly honored and humbled by the absolutely beautiful turkey display. Sent to me by maytom. Got home from hunting and there was a box waiting for me in my den/study. Couldn't wait to see what it looked like!  After taking it out and unwrapping, in my hands was something that literally  took my breath away! I am astounded by the kindness and generosity of the members of this forum. I've seen it first hand, many times.   Paul contacted me a week or so ago and said he wanted to give me the first of his new designs on a wall display for a turkey fan and beards. I was admiring his craftsmanship on this and some of his other threads. So I was totally awestruck when he told me of his kind intentions. But to tell him I am not near the turkey hunter, he and some others are from this forum. He said to start filling it up, hunting with my grandson! So that is what we will do. And when my hunting days are done, it will go to my grandson. As a reminder of our hunts together and the kindness, generosity and workmanship of a man I have yet to meet. I did promise, that I will pay it forward as he has done to me. And I hope to soon meet up with and share a beer, perhaps get some turkey advice, from a friend,  maytom.  Thank you very much sir.

Was thinking of under the euro mount from last year? Or centered under the paintings?

20161210_183604.jpg20161210_183632.jpg

• Like 17

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, Bill Schmidt said:

I too got a very nice turkey beard display from Maytom! I love it. I sent all 4 of my books to him for Winter reading.

Bill, can't wait to see yours mounted and filled on the wall too!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

how do the beards attach?

What's not showing in the first picture is 12 shot shells already cut to length, which all fit in those 12 holes.

Then while using a hot melt glue gun, put enough glue onto the tip of yours beard and insert them into the shells until the glue hardens, about 15 seconds.

16 minutes ago, maytom said:

What's not showing in the first picture is 12 shot shells already cut to length, which all fit in those 12 holes.

Then while using a hot melt glue gun, put enough glue onto the tip of yours beard and insert them into the shells until the glue hardens, about 15 seconds.

ok, got it. That is wonderful. Great work. 

• Like 1