"Top Shot" --The History Channel

fasteddie

Top Shot is on at 10 pm tonight on the History Channel .........

"Compound Fracture"

The contestants' archery skills are put to the test with a modern compound bow; tubular team challenge; tensions with team leadership threaten to unravel the group.

Ive never been a traditional guy...that said...im thinkin of adding a whisker buiscuit to my recurve. Id like it so i can use my carbons, and i still hunt 90% and keep one knocked while on the move. I already put a string loop for my release on it. I kno right now traditional guys are grindin their teeth...but im all about consistancy. Those are helpful tools.

I like the concept of the show and the folks that think up the challenges, hats off to them.

I don't watch it because of all the "Little Sally" drama that goes along with it.....................................give me a break.

I have been using the open top, brush rest for two seasons now............................I love it.  Way better than my old Whisker Bisquit ever thought of being.

FDXX75

"I have been using the open top, brush rest for two seasons now............................I love it.  Way better than my old Whisker Bisquit ever thought of being."

Just out of curiousity, why do feel it is better than a WB? I ask because I have two of them in the basement not in use, I use a WB and took the Hostage rest's off both my wife and my bow's. Does it perform better? I admit I never gave it a half a chance...haha

"I have been using the open top, brush rest for two seasons now............................I love it.  Way better than my old Whisker Bisquit ever thought of being."

Just out of curiousity, why do feel it is better than a WB? I ask because I have two of them in the basement not in use, I use a WB and took the Hostage rest's off both my wife and my bow's. Does it perform better? I admit I never gave it a half a chance...haha

I am using the NAP Quiktune 360, has an adj. nylon arrow guide pad on the bottom and the two brushes located at 10 & 2 o'clock positions.

Why???  Far less contact with the arrow shaft and zero interferrence with the fletches.

Here is the link to the rest I currently use:

http://www.newarchery.com/products/2-22/arrow-rests/quiktune-360-capture-rest.html

FDXX75

I never had a problem with fletching while shooting the WB . I was shooting Blazer Vanes but wanted to switch to Kwik spins so I changed rests . I put a GS Expert on my Parker and a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone on my Pearson TX-4 . I can shoot the Kwik Spins as well as the FOBs .

I tried a QAD Ultra rest but didn't like it .

As far as the whiskers touching the arrow shafts , no big deal plus you only lose 2 - 3 FPS so it's minimal .