Shoot 3D they said, it'll be fun they said...

The_Real_TCIII

3d shoots are fun when the weather gets warmer cold deffently has an effect on archery equipment it good practice for hunting season too i go to thrill of the hunt on long island its really cool its a game where you shoot at all the tragets with a white marker then all the blue markers and so on really great practice

Was cold as heck for our shoot at Collins this morning....Prob around 8 degrees around 8:15.
Warmed up quick and survived the round with a 139.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

138 and 141, three freakin nickels. One resulting from an arrow breaking on release, it ended up in pieces 4' to the right of the target. That was scary it's never happened to me before. Could have been a lot worse

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

138 and 141, three freakin nickels. One resulting from an arrow breaking on release, it ended up in pieces 4' to the right of the target. That was scary it's never happened to me before. Could have been a lot worse

What kind of shafts are you using TRC. I use carbon xpress 200 for 3D and 300 for hunting. Never had one explore on release.

depends on the location.  some have good thermal cover on the course.  others set all their targets out along ponds and in fields.  wind gets old in a hurry.  i typically bring a glove for the bow hand and release hand with the release goes in a pocket to stay warm.  i tend to leave the bow in the truck and not bring it in and out.  it'll cause condensation and other stuff i don't want.  doesn't seem to change POI though.  break up your group into a couple guys each and you stay moving along and warmer.  that's what we typically do.  clothing shouldn't effect things.  sometimes i wear an arm guard just to hold back the sleeves to my layers.  fan of vests as a part of those layers so i don't get too bulky in the arms.  that's what works for me and who i shoot with. 

On 3/5/2017 at 4:37 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm guessing it was cracked. I typically check and didn't notice it I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most likely was cracked.  if you have wraps installed be careful not to get cracks under them that you don't notice.  hard to really catch which is why i typical don't use wraps extending to the very nock end of the arrow.  any day an arrow breaks and you walk away unscathed is a great day.

I've shot the winter league for at least 16 years and can count on one hand the number of times I've been truly cold, last Sunday was one of them. It's remarkable how if it's single digits with no wind you don't get cold, add just a little breeze and you're miserable. Also they had the last six target on their rifle range out in the open, four of which we were shooting into the sun. Tough course for sure. All the clubs are setting hard courses this year it's been fun

• Like 1