Anchor Sight Video

nybuckboy

I just purchased the Anchor Sight for my new Halon. I have used exclusively for more than 15 years, (now called) the Timberline No Peep. It is about $40 - $50 depending where you purchase. The Anchor Sight is over $100 depending. I have found the Timberline excellent for grouping and it's not unusual for me to break out the bow after long sits w/o shooting and put the first 3 arrows within an inch or 2 at 25 yds. I am looking forward to using the Anchor Sight on the new bow. It is a bit larger but looks like it will better especially in low light although the Timberline was fine as well. Any way this is the brand new video and not even on their website as of yet. Anyone looking to rid their bow of the peep sight should look into this.

https://vimeo.com/210040627/3679caac82

• Like 1

My whole family has been using the old timberline no peeps for many many years and we all love them. I actually bought to spares from archerytalk classifieds after timberline sold out. Let us know how you like the anchor sight compared to the old no peep . 

• Like 1

I have personally never used a peep. After trying one I found it distracting and a pain. Keeping a consistent anchor point has never been a problem. With plenty of practice a consistent anchor point comes naturally...but then again I use to shoot instinctive. I believe practice develops good form.

• Like 1

I had one of the Timberline No-Peeps on a bow and didn't care for it . I also didn't feel the need to use it . I thought of it as a distraction . My youngest son has one and I thing he has it on his newer bow . I don't even bother looking at the level on my bow sight and my shooting seems fine for my age . Just a personal preference .

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

I had one of the Timberline No-Peeps on a bow and didn't care for it . I also didn't feel the need to use it . I thought of it as a distraction . My youngest son has one and I thing he has it on his newer bow . I don't even bother looking at the level on my bow sight and my shooting seems fine for my age . Just a personal preference .

IT's definitely Not a distraction if you mount it very close to the pin(s). If it is away from the pin(s), I could see how you felt that way though. 

No it's your natural anchor point and if you are aligned properly the dot will be inside the larger circle.  It is a momentary check to see that you are lined up perfectly before moving the pin onto the target to shoot. It's actually quite easy and instinctive once you get used to it.  I can shoot as fast as anyone using a peep.  Maybe faster.  What it really does is verify that you have not torqued the bow and that your anchor point is perfect every time thus eliminating the third part of the triangle of shooting a compound bow, the eye on the string. So instead of your hand, your anchor point and your eye... it's just your hand and your anchor point but the Anchor Sight assures perfect form and alignment every time.  Just a different concept. With a peep sight you look through a hole and line up the pin but never really know if your bow is torqued even a little bit. 

Edited by nybuckboy