NHL Playoffs

The_Real_TCIII

54 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They eliminated that years ago by allowing two line passes and liberally calling obstruction penalties

I know about the changes, but coaches countered with other defensive schemes to defeat the two line pass. I still think playing 4 on 4 hockey is the key to making the game exciting again. A larger goal and less goalie equipment too would help. For me, the game got exciting when 5 minute overtime and 4 on 4 play came about. I guess the NHL got rid of that?

4 on 4...now that would be something. Right now, I still feel I'm watching soccer on ice.

my hockey watching seemed to take a dive.  i left buffalo and then shortly after they shipped everyone off. lindy left. miller got boxed up with a price tag.  ennis is still there but damn Afino-please pump the brakes-genov, Connolly, Gaustad, Grier, Myers, Roy, Stafford, Tallinder, Vanek, Campbell.   I get it but they gutted a lot of history they had and in a short period of time.  i can't name players much any more but if you asked who's my team it's still it.  around here we don't keep any farm team for that to change.  RedWings, Thunder, River Rats, Devils.... doesn't matter.

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

I know about the changes, but coaches countered with other defensive schemes to defeat the two line pass. I still think playing 4 on 4 hockey is the key to making the game exciting again. A larger goal and less goalie equipment too would help. For me, the game got exciting when 5 minute overtime and 4 on 4 play came about. I guess the NHL got rid of that?

4 on 4...now that would be something. Right now, I still feel I'm watching soccer on ice.

What?   5 Min OT is still a thing during regular season, now its 3 on 3 though. After that its a shoot out till its over. Playoffs they do away with that and do regular old sudden death OT.

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

You guys know why Canadians prefer " doggy style"  ?

So they can both watch the hockey game....

i thought for them it was a better position for her to except random drips of hot Tim Horton's coffee with a nice place to rest a donut for the finish.    .....while watching hockey.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

my hockey watching seemed to take a dive.  i left buffalo and then shortly after they shipped everyone off. lindy left. miller got boxed up with a price tag.  ennis is still there but damn Afino-please pump the brakes-genov, Connolly, Gaustad, Grier, Myers, Roy, Stafford, Tallinder, Vanek, Campbell.   I get it but they gutted a lot of history they had and in a short period of time.  i can't name players much any more but if you asked who's my team it's still it.  around here we don't keep any farm team for that to change.  RedWings, Thunder, River Rats, Devils.... doesn't matter.

Lindy Ruff just got canned again, he's a hack. The Sabres are better now than they were then for sure, I'd say playoffs for them next year for sure.

12 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Lindy Ruff just got canned again, he's a hack. The Sabres are better now than they were then for sure, I'd say playoffs for them next year for sure.

i get it.  it was just a lot of change in a hurry.  my decades old throwback jersey is still on standby.  i remember one night we were out just for dinner and to watch the game.  manager said for every buffalo goal they'd give out a dollar pint of whatever draft you were drinking if you wanted it.  they scored at least 7 goals while we were there in a relatively short period of time.  everyone was making phone calls for rides.  whole place was shocked but drunk and happy.

32 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

What?   5 Min OT is still a thing during regular season, now its 3 on 3 though. After that its a shoot out till its over. Playoffs they do away with that and do regular old sudden death OT.

Oh...I forgot to mention...clutch and grab and beat each other into submission into the boards...cross check someone into boards head first....charming. Orr, Esposito, lafluer, Perrault, Martin.....they could not display their skills in todays game.... plus hockey into June? gotta be kidding. Feel sorry for guys like Tyler Ennis, a skilled player getting hurt playing against monsters 50 lbs heavier and 10 inches taller. Enjoy hockey through June.

42 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I wouldn't know, not televised here!! Freaking Rangers were on

I live streamed it on my Ipad, awesome way to watch a game and never miss anything because you have to get up for a snack or what ever. That or I listen through their APP. Some times I like that just as much as watching a game.

I have the NHL package but it stopped when the playoffs started.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

i get it.  it was just a lot of change in a hurry.  my decades old throwback jersey is still on standby.  i remember one night we were out just for dinner and to watch the game.  manager said for every buffalo goal they'd give out a dollar pint of whatever draft you were drinking if you wanted it.  they scored at least 7 goals while we were there in a relatively short period of time.  everyone was making phone calls for rides.  whole place was shocked but drunk and happy.

If that game was a day or two after Christmas I was there, they scored 7 in the first nine minutes or something like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

Oh...I forgot to mention...clutch and grab and beat each other into submission into the boards...cross check someone into boards head first....charming. Orr, Esposito, lafluer, Perrault, Martin.....they could not display their skills in todays game.... plus hockey into June? gotta be kidding. Feel sorry for guys like Tyler Ennis, a skilled player getting hurt playing against monsters 50 lbs heavier and 10 inches taller. Enjoy hockey through June.

Ok, point made, you dont like it. Stick with your soccer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

He played behind a crap team most of the time and wasted his career there. I did enjoy Lucic running him though, (I named one of my dogs Lucic).

I feel bad for your dog with that name. I guess it fits when he reaches around an sniffs his own a**.

17 hours ago, First-light said:

Playoff hockey is great especially when you team the RANGERS blank the Habs is their own arena!!!!

Go RANGERS!!!!!!

Not another rangers fan!! Haha just kinding. My sabres are on the golf course by now. Lundqvist looked sharp as ever last night. So did Fluery. The veteran players usually shine in the playoffs. No matter what kind of regular season they had. 

• Like 1

Flipped on the Rangers/Canadians game for a little bit tonight and saw Carey Price is the goalie for Canadians. Here's a little Price story for u hockey buffs:

When I hunted Lynx in BC, I hunted and stayed in a middle of nowhere town called Anahim Lake. It was legit middle of nowhere. The closest town with groceries, etc was 4 hours away due to advance highways, but years ago was much much longer. Anyway, the guy I hunted with told me Carey Price grew up in Anahim Lake, but because there wasn't much hockey nearby his Dad had a small plane to fly him and Carey to practice a Couples times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1