How to tell....

growalot

They had a rough time sun's been up for a while and its still nearly dead quiet out there. Rain most of day then thundeistorms in the evening and rain most of  nght...I believe they are all still sleeping. Must have been a pretty rough night...The Pileted just woke but he is not doing his normal thing...very quiet rappity rap rap with long pauses..lol

How is the hunting after a day /night like that? I hunt during rains love to, but do not recall hunting after a day /night long rain storm.

I'm sure their little toes. were wrapped a little tighter around limbs during the storm. They very well may fly down later with that weather. Restless day and night for them. But turkeys being turkeys you can never tell what they might do. Hate hunting winds but rain is ok. Just need to watch the fields more so than hardwoods. Since they can't hear as well in the rain for predatory senses they'll hit fields to really key on seeing. Also to strut and shake off the feathers. Noticed their turkey talk is lesser during the rain too. Killed a few silent strutters on rainy days , even after rain had subsided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I heard the toms behind our house sounding off as usual this morning just as the sun started coming up. Went out to scout the spot we will be sitting tomorrow morning. Two jakes and a hen in the field. Didnt have time to stick around and watch for long, but at least the birds are still there. This weekend should be about perfect for the kids!

• Like 3

Birds were silent last night at bedtime. But it was raining and getting harder by the min. I watched a gobbler and 2 hens walk a 1/4 mile down the road almost right to my truck before turning into the woods headed to the pines I figured they've been sleeping in. They sure are close to the road. Saturday morning will be a short walk in that's for sure! Haha

• Like 1