Letchworth

DanielT

Daniel where did you find that info? Never was allowed in the past. Helena and Trail 15 are big time bear hotspots. 3921c7fdca7aebe344f2615317f7c75d.jpg&key=0c4657aa400a1952a721129be7587b932e84ecafbed74bf54a98bb8f8218eb9e

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard a rumor so I just called Park police in Castile and they confirmed it even the female operator wasn't aware till she asked the police themselves

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Bears are legal the year in park this year...fyi people
Took this pic 2 years ago384aa9a0313613ec60c288274f385711.jpg

Cool pic. No white chevron on that bear?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Anyone hunting the park yet?
Anyone drive through the park ...is there alot of hunters?

The west 'park' side doesn't open for bow till Oct 17th. I've been in on the east side a few times, but mainly just to hang stands. The usual access points have some hunters but I think the warm temps have most waiting.  There are a ton of hickory nuts on the ground, but the deer I've seen were on oak mast, which is light. No real studs on park trail cam pics yet, but I'm sure I'll have a few when I check them again in Nov. I'll start hunting more next weekend, even though forecast calls for highs in the mid 70's. 

Good luck to everyone hunting the park this fall.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2017 at 12:52 PM, Four Season Whitetails said:

Cool, Have seen a few and i am sure another guy that will read these words on here that had a bear steal, eat half and bury the rest of a heck of a buck on the bottom may want to get even with one down there.

You got it !! I can't get away from the bears in one of my favorite spots.. i know i wouldnt  look forward to dragging one out of the bottom though...lol

• Like 1

there is no bear hunting in the park

I don't hunt bear anymore, the last time I hunted bear I almost ended up in jail a CO saw me walking out of the woods after hunting bear. The CO said that that is the nastiest thing I have ever seen! I can't even look at you I don't even want you in my car. The next I see you hunting bear I'm taking right to jail. I also almost froze to death so that's why I don't hunt bear anymore. :bad:

there is no bear hunting in the park

I don't hunt bear anymore, the last time I hunted bear I almost ended up in jail a CO saw me walking out of the woods after hunting bear. The CO said that that is the nastiest thing I have ever seen! I can't even look at you I don't even want you in my car. The next I see you hunting bear I'm taking right to jail. I also almost froze to death so that's why I don't hunt bear anymore. default_bad.gif

How would he known by the way you were dressed...you were hunting bear?
What's so bad about camo

On 10/16/2017 at 12:37 PM, DanielT said:

Headed down this weekend for a week
Hope the temps stay low like today....

Good luck Daniel, the last week of Oct can be real good in the park.  I'm planning on this weekend even tho temps are warm.

Was the big buck on the wall taken in the park?  It looks like something from Ohio, lol