Remington 7600

rachunter

Well I finally found a 7600 in Tennessee for$300 the great part is it's in 3006 my favorite caliber. Just picked it up from the ffl dealer need scope rings and then it's off to the range. I have a Leupold vx-2 4x waiting for it.I'm hoping it eats 180gr. Bullets I have a lot of them if not the 165's always work. This is going to be my swamp & foul weather gun. 

IMG_0556.JPG

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

you only need the clamp. It clamps on the barrel.

Thank stock looks like it has a ton of drop can you get any kind of cheekweld looking through the scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks buckmaster7600

I was worried about that and the pistol grip but the fit is fine hopefully I can get out this weekend and try it out. 

How did the stock work? I tried one a few years ago and hated that I couldn't get any cheek weld. Yours looks like a different brand than mine I believe mine was Blackhawk. Mine wasn't an issue of the bench for sight in but when I started shooting it freehand it was awful.

it's not bad I have short arms so it all the way in. I only took a few shots offhand and sitting[range rules] I'm going to shoot it a few more times if it's no good i'll order a byods over the winter.

8 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How did the stock work? I tried one a few years ago and hated that I couldn't get any cheek weld. Yours looks like a different brand than mine I believe mine was Blackhawk. Mine wasn't an issue of the bench for sight in but when I started shooting it freehand it was awful.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
hopefully you read this buckmaster7600 
I picked up the uncle mike's qd super swivels model #1441-2 [760 bb] but it doesn't fit tight enough. I tried squeezing it in the vise with no luck? any trick to installing it?

P8110001.JPG

That I can't help with, all mine have fit perfectly. They must have changed them.

2 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Let me look in my box of 7600 stuff I might have an old model swivel that replaces the forend cap. I don't believe they make them anymore but I might have a couple if so I'll shoot you a pm and I'll mail it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal9 

thanks buckmaster7600 I ran the date stamp it's a 1969 so I need the forend cap no biggie there's a bunch of them on ebay.

this gun is in pretty good shape for a 48 year old

• Like 1

thanks buckmaster7600 I ran the date stamp it's a 1969 so I need the forend cap no biggie there's a bunch of them on ebay.
this gun is in pretty good shape for a 48 year old

That would make it a 760, the finish apears to be parkerized and they never made a 760 in that finish?

With the new cap, you should be good to go sling wise. The factory stock will give it a more traditional look and feel, good for quick handling and shooting, for a swamp/brush gun. Are those range results, from the 180gr or the 165's? Either way, it'll get the job done! Keep us posted on the finished results. Nice rifle!

• Like 2

it's a 7600 those date stamps aren't that accurate the one on my 700 dates it back to 1921. anyway I ordered a cap hopefully that will work.i just traded the stock for a factory one.

I guess not, that dates it 20 years before the 7600 was made, by the looks of it I would date it in the mid 2000's.

7 hours ago, grampy said:

With the new cap, you should be good to go sling wise. The factory stock will give it a more traditional look and feel, good for quick handling and shooting, for a swamp/brush gun. Are those range results, from the 180gr or the 165's? Either way, it'll get the job done! Keep us posted on the finished results. Nice rifle!

those are 180gr. factory loads i'm going to try some hand loads next week. I couldn't get use to the pistol grip luckily this kid wanted to trade they fit both our guns so done deal. I'm really starting to like this rifle a lot.