atv question

tommyc50

hey guys i was looking to rent an atv for hunting season was looking to buy one too but with limited funds i was thing of renting instead does anyone have any ideas i hunt in durham and need a atv to get up the road to hunt. any help would be appreciated.

Never heard of renting one other than on organized tours/rides. You can usually find a decent used one for around a grand? How long of a road do you have to get up. If money is so tight that a 1k$ wheeler is out of the question than a deer cart would be a better investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah i was looking  i dont have 6 to 8 grand but looking to buy one on time or putting it on the card also looking for something decent im 57 iseen a few for $4000 and less 2002 -2012 i thought i could lease one but i guess not i looked on google and there nothing

yeah i was looking  i dont have 6 to 8 grand but looking to buy one on time or putting it on the card also looking for something decent im 57 iseen a few for $4000 and less 2002 -2012 i thought i could lease one but i guess not i looked on google and there nothing
Shoot at 4k you can buy used at dealer or go to bass pro and get a arctic cat 400 for around 4 new

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Has anyone actually seen a place where you can rent ATVs? I haven't. Actually, if there was such a place, renting a few times might be a good way to get acquainted with the different makes and models so when the day came to buy, a guy would have a pretty good idea of what he wanted (needed). But I honestly don't believe that there are any places that rent them out. I'm thinking the maintenance and repairs on such a vehicle would be prohibitive given how rough and abusively people can handle them. But I don't know. Just because I have not heard of such rentals doesn't mean they don't exist.

Has anyone actually seen a place where you can rent ATVs? I haven't. Actually, if there was such a place, renting a few times might be a good way to get acquainted with the different makes and models so when the day came to buy, a guy would have a pretty good idea of what he wanted (needed). But I honestly don't believe that there are any places that rent them out. I'm thinking the maintenance and repairs on such a vehicle would be prohibitive given how rough and abusively people can handle them. But I don't know. Just because I have not heard of such rentals doesn't mean they don't exist.
Yea you can rent them at a few atv parks I know of and probably more. Most are guided rides as said above. I've never heard of a use on your own rental like cars tho.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You can rent them out west in places like Moab and stuff. they rent jeeps, side by sides and atvs. I've never seen atv rentals anywhere but out that way. It's not cheap to rent them but they are targeting people on vacations and such.

You can buy a buy a brand new 400-500cc quad for 4-6 grand. And there's thousands of used ones out there for much less than that.

Here's a cheap but reliable quad that I found on Craigslist in under 10 seconds
https://albany.craigslist.org/snw/d/02-honda-foreman-450es/6256721333.html

That's just an example. The newer you go the higher the price. Hondas also tend to hold their value quite well as they are known to be long lasting working machines. If you just using it to ride up and down the hills to your hunting stands and dragging deer out, an older honda like that would be perfect.