I was wondering about......

First-light

Arrow still not accurate enough for the black n white law, weather.com only uses the closest weather station to your zipcode!! An example would be in wny ,buffalo ny, next closest is wellsville,ny about 80miles different or about 3 minutes... sorry your still going to have to turn yourself in..

Ummm....not true.

It'll give you sunset for the center of town online.  TV...different story.  You can make an adjustment, if you need to.

My watch is 2 minutes fast, and I pull the arrow from the string when the watch says quittin time.....you are barking up the wrong tree, son.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow 2 minutes fast so now your definate using the wrong time for sunrise, though your leaving the woods early :) and no it gives you the time for the closest weater center. try it put in your zip and the zip next to where you live there will be no difference in time!

My watch is 2 minutes fast

Perfect example!

I'll hunt no farther for the proof you seek.

Guess you don't hunt the waining hours of a morning sunrise according to the LAW.

No need to explain yourself, it willl just cause more confusion to what you see as right. ::)

Further , if you use the time for the center of the town unless you hunt right there your time will be off by a second or two or even 50'away it may be off maybe by a fraction of a second! And what about people who live in one town but use a zipcode of another for mail purposes? All i am saying is if you want exact black and white its not going to happen here the state itself only allows 3 minute corrections. You want to be 100% go in 30 minutes after sunrise and come out 30 min before..a deer isn't worth breaking the rigid law over.... :) I follow the sunrise and sunset times as close as i am personally able as i know you do too! Just don't post crap about only black and white and the law is the law at least in this case!The proper time is to hard for 99.9% of all hunters to get down to the exact second! 

Dude....I know when the legal shooting hours begin and end.

I understand and obey the rule.

You are condoning the intentional violation of the rule.

You are not winning, here. ::)

I beg to differ.....

open mouth and insert foot please! ;D

!The proper time is to hard for 99.9% of all hunters to get down to the exact second!

But .....  we are not talking about the exact second.  We are talking about people who advocate 10 minutes early or late.  Or 20 minutes.  Or 5.

They are intentionally violating the law by minutes.

Not seconds.

Arrow, i am not saying it is ok to violate this law! I am saying it should be followed as close as technology allows! Your the one saying its black and white! Well then by your own standard you should be held to the millisecond! I will stay by the guidline in the hunting regs and adust my watch according to their method! that is the best i can do! Your holier than thou attitude here is wrong! i would not persecute someone who shoots 30 sec before my watch says he/she should have. Now where is the time cut off? i don't know i am not a dec officer and do not have to make that decision!

Arrow, i am not saying it is ok to violate this law! I am saying it should be followed as close as technology allows! Your the one saying its black and white! Well then by your own standard you should be held to the millisecond! I will stay by the guidline in the hunting regs and adust my watch according to their method! that is the best i can do! Your holier than thou attitude here is wrong! i would not persecute someone who shoots 30 sec before my watch says he/she should have. Now where is the time cut off? i don't know i am not a dec officer and do not have to make that decision!

llol

You could check me to the milisecond.

I would rther be legal than successful.....because illrgal = unsuccessful.

Wooly, in a black and white law world .1 sec would and is illegal. I personaly think that minute or two maybe the difference in a watch but get much over that and it becomes a willfull violation. The fact the state breaks it down into 3 minutes blocks tell you they must feel the same way, even though the federal goverment just uses time zones..  Can you imagine if they just used eastern standerd time for sunrise? it would be pitch black here in wny and just rising over the eastern edge of long island!

Unbelievable how many guys are okay with doing something illegal just to kill a whitetail  ???  :( wonder what else they might do?

Great story.. love a guy with conviction... good job.

Joe you congratulated this guy on his illegal kill???? what gives?

In all honesty guys...I ain't here to hurt nobodys feelings or put you'r beliefs down in any way just because we disagree on something.

Shoot the funk whenever you want and leave me out of it far as I care.

Like I said, this was a fun topic for me to follow today and get a few digs in myself. If anyone took them personally...., well then good. :( 

bubbas still a bitter old boy stuck in oversized panties. :-[

...it gets ya to thinking sometimes,... who's really talking back at ya on this damn puter and what's anyones opinion really matter anyhow.

We're all big boys able to make our own decisions. Do the best you can out there and do your best to stay within the rules(personal or state mandated)

Huntings a passion...a lifestyle, a hobby and pastime.

When Pat says it's a hard earned source of food for the family, don't take that for granted durring these tough times. Frig, I 've been there brother, and bet you have a pretty good understanding what it's like when the freezer runs dry and the mouths are still chompin.

Humorous as it sounds, it's not a happy situation.

Unbelievable how many guys are okay with doing something illegal just to kill a whitetail  ???  :( wonder what else they might do?

Great story.. love a guy with conviction... good job.

Joe you congratulated this guy on his illegal kill? ??? what gives?

The story was good.. I didn't analyse it for errors in time... nice try though...