Suggestions on a Release?

burmjohn

Anyone have a suggestion on a good release?

I have the Free Flight C-10 release, and I really do not like it.  It totally makes your hand useless, and I dont like the feel.

I am going to see if I can try a few at the local archery shot, but wouldnt mind a few recommendations.

I am about the last one anyone would want to ask about equipment. I have entered a phase in my life where I am trying to use every last dollar's worth out of the equipment that I've got, and I haven't bought anything new in years. I think some people call it being cheap! It's been so long since I bought a release that I can't even remember the name of the one I'm using now. However, I think you are doing the right thing by going to the store and actually checking over as many as possible.

Doc

hey burm.

i can say this..

the release I have is made from velcro and does not have a strap or belt type wrist harness where you can get the same exact fit every time..

next time around i will buy the kind with the belt type.

its hard to get the exact fit all the time with velcro..

it just doesnt feel right all the time and i always have to fiddle with it..

my 2 cents

ya man.

velcro is not a perfect fit everytime

i had to mark off with a white-out pen on the release a straight line across the top and bottom velcro straps so i can align the exact spot for a perfect fit.

and it still doesn't feel "Right " all the time

Stay away from velcro, I have 2 velcro releases and hate both of them, they just dont feel as good as a buckle type, plus they are bulkier. I like Tru Ball releases the best but, Tru-Fires arent bad either. Those are the only 2 brands I have used, so I cant give an opinion on any others.

I went to my local archery place today and shot a few different releases.  I ended up going with a Tru-Fire release, it felt good, shot good and now my hand isnt all tied up with the C-10.

I think its called the Tru-fire edge, I attached the picture below.  I also fired the Tru-fire with the cloth as apposed to the bar like the edge.  The bar type felt better, offered more structure.  And its not velcro, its the belt style.

post-1-131455289539_thumb.jpg

I went to my local archery place today and shot a few different releases.  I ended up going with a Tru-Fire release, it felt good, shot good and now my hand isnt all tied up with the C-10.

I think its called the Tru-fire edge, I attached the picture below.  I also fired the Tru-fire with the cloth as apposed to the bar like the edge.  The bar type felt better, offered more structure.  And its not velcro, its the belt style.

I have that exact same release and I really like it!  I especially like that you can fold back the release when you are pulling arrows out of the target, writing down scores, or just taking a pee on a tree.  Gooood choice!