New bow

erussell

Used my gas money for next week to get a new Bisker Whisket today. Got the older type since they were cheaper and guess what , it works even better than the 70 dollar version. Lady at insight archery hooked me up and told me they all worked the same so I got it. Eye balled it for center shot as best I could and squared it up and shot an arrow through the paper with a slight right hand tear. Made some adjustments and the 2nd and 3rd arrows were bullet holes. Now my kisser button is broken. Its the kind that looks like a wheel with spokes. Half the spokes are broken, not sure how. Will go to a solid one. But if you see me walking the 25 miles to work please pick me up. :D 

Congrats on your new bow! I thought about getting a new bow, but had it tuned up....

My old bow I bought back in 98 so it was about time for a new one and I still hemmed and hawwed about it. I refitted it several times, but just got a great deal on this one I couldn't pass it up.

My setements exactly. Seems like every time I turn around I hear "you gotta get a drop away rest" from someone that just spent big bucks buying and tuning one. I get the "youll gain 2 to 4 fps with a drop away" from some as well. So what? Do you really think that makes a difference at 40 yards or less? I end up with nice groups with arrows touching with my WB. I never recommend anything else, and I will probably never shoot any other rest. Simple, full containment and accurate. What else could you ask for?  ;)

WOW, what a dick move.

1st off my drop away did NOT cost BIG BUCKS and just like a WB it took about 3 shots to set up.

My setements exactly. Seems like every time I turn around I hear "you gotta get a drop away rest" from someone that just spent big bucks buying and tuning one. I get the "youll gain 2 to 4 fps with a drop away" from some as well. So what? Do you really think that makes a difference at 40 yards or less? I end up with nice groups with arrows touching with my WB. I never recommend anything else, and I will probably never shoot any other rest. Simple, full containment and accurate. What else could you ask for?  ;)

WOW, what a dick move.

1st off my drop away did NOT cost BIG BUCKS and just like a WB it took about 3 shots to set up.

Its a "dick move" to give my opinion and tell about my experiences? Was I talking about you? Nope.

Ahhh who really gives a rats behind what someone else is using on their bow for a rest as long as they are happy with its performance.  I love my drop away and when I bought my last bow it had a wisker bisquit on it and after being told I had to water proof it so it does not freeze up in the cold and snow I said keep it.  But hey that was my choice however I do think they are the ugliest looking thing on any bow lol.

Ouch...not sure where that came from but Congrats on the new bow...I was in the same boat as you this year and bought the new missions Venture...love it ...I did get a HD quad drop away but it holds the arrow in place...Not big on the whole speed thing...figure I got a lot of deer with the old bow and anything new is going to have much more speed than the old bow anyways :) ...Do need to go in this week and have the poundage upped...my shoulder seems to be (knock on wood ) back in shape again.

Sweet bow and I like it a lot...groups well.....is well balanced in my hand....have put it down for a bit ....had to go back to my old Hoyt to build back up to my #51 draw weight before my shoulder injury....I have to go in and get the Venture increased....now that I'm comfortable ...then it will be shooting just the Venture from now till hunting season ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice bow!

I got a mission craze in June. For a first bow it's nice. It is a bit hard for the draw but I figure I'll get use to it.maybe I just need to back the draw weight down a couple of pounds.

I opt'd to not go with a package that was offered with it got a quad drop away and it has preformed well so far.

I have had a problem with miss fires with 3 diffrent releases.... I think it might be me but that's my only complaint so far.

Moved back to 40 yrds today to do a little long range ( for me ) work and was quite happy with the groups. Somehow my kisser button came loose and got shot out across my yrd. Not sure how that is even possible as hard as I cranked down on that thing putting it on. So going to the store again tommarrow to buy my 3rd kisser for the yr. My last bows kisser was on there for 5 yrs and I never had a problem with it, go figure.

Pse bowmadness bow is awesome i have the xs. Shots great

I originally had the XS in hand till I saw the other one and liked the feel of it better. But basically same bow just shorter. If I really had my way I would have got the XL. All are really good bows, I like the way they feel in your hand and the lack of recoil at the shot.

Time for an upgrade  :D  The tech. is alot better than 12 yrs ago. Unfortunately currently  my bow shoots better than I can. Working on getting use to it and tighning up my groups. I had the bright idea of shooting 2 broadheads at the same target the other day and shaved a vane off. Damit. :D