Shooting an Elephant—Why GoDaddy's CEO Was Wrong

Check out the video. Total darkness sneaking up on 3 elephants. PETA is having a field day with this one.

Problem fixed with a gun, they did say you could spray the crops with pepper and some other stuff to keep them away, yea right.

unfortunately man and big beast don't play nice with each other.

http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2011/03/30/shooting-an-elephant—why-godaddys-ceo-was-wrong/?hpt=T2

Yeah, this article is a doozy.

Just spray the crops with cayanne.  Sure, because every farmer in that village has the money and contacts to buy large quantities of that, then the ability to broadcast it.

Just plant what elephants don't like.  Sure because I am sure shit-weed tastes good to humans, just not elephants.

Two or three bullets is much easier, cheaper, and more effective.

Showing the zombies ripping the flesh off it was a bit in bad taste though.

.. it is??? aside from a couple comments that had some validity.. the rest were a bunch of treehuggers that have no idea what they are talking about... Time Magazine is just a host for the liberal PETA, anti hunting and anti gun types and always has been...

.. it is??? aside from a couple comments that had some validity.. the rest were a bunch of treehuggers that have no idea what they are talking about... Time Magazine is just a host for the liberal PETA, anti hunting and anti gun types and always has been...

So what should we read or listen to instead since Time is so liberal??  There is absolutely NO one in the media who is unbiased.  It all depends on who people let themselves be brainwashed by and many here obviously prefer being brainwashed by the right.  They are as gullible as those on the left.  No difference actually

I know a lot of other folks including myself that read Time magazine. They aren't tree huggers nor anti gun. In fact most of them support hunting and gun ownership. Your making a blanket statement about a magazine and it's readers.

I could be wrong but I think he shot before legal light........Poacher.

Dave

LOL!  I don't think those hungry africans who were tearing the meat off of that elephant were too worried about the ethics of shooting before legal light! LOL  After all Bubba teaches hunters ed only here in NYS! LOL

I could be wrong but I think he shot before legal light........Poacher.

Dave

LOL!  I don't think those hungry africans who were tearing the meat off of that elephant were too worried about the ethics of shooting before legal light! LOL  After all Bubba teaches hunters ed only here in NYS! LOL

Steve I think we should send Bubba and Antler over there and straighten them out. They may end up in the pot and be served as soup of the day. I'll miss them, belch!!!!!!!!

Dave

So what should we read or listen to instead since Time is so liberal??  There is absolutely NO one in the media who is unbiased.  It all depends on who people let themselves be brainwashed by and many here obviously prefer being brainwashed by the right.  They are as gullible as those on the left.  No difference actually

I don't take any news medias word as gospel without researching it myself... I wanna hear people say what the news tells me they said... I wanna see them do what they tell me they did... just because anyone says anything doesn't make it so...and although a news organization is biased it doesn't mean that what they say isn't the truth... Time tends to speak about what they think instead of what is true... in my opinion thats is the same as what most liberals do...I get my news from many places .. Time just isn't one of them.

Everything done by Parsons on that video was legal.  Killing problem elephants is not uncommon there.  The crops have been saved, the people got plenty of meat and the danger from the elephant is over.

Time does slant this article from the start by saying what was done was somehow wrong.  What exactly was wrong with it?  They take issue with the video and the bravado, but nothing that was done was in any way illegal.

I'm going to send Parsons a letter of Congratulations and praise.  Maybe he'll take me with him on his next trip all expenses paid.