Community advice request.

Spook

On 10/17/2017 at 9:26 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Don't know if it's legal or not but I'd call the Man back and record the conversation..............

NY state is a one-party consent state. You can absolutely legally record a telephone call or conversation (as long as you are a party to it) without alerting other parties. 

You can record meetings with your boss, telephone calls, etc. whatever you like.

Edited by Core

16 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

You want to work all hunting and fishing seasons??

Gotta think long and hard on that.  

Become a LEO in your local home town. Then you can hunt, fish or whatever when you want after you put some time in. 

Take the FD tests . I understand the work schedule is pretty favorable  to hunting ....

• Like 1

First thing I would say is in no way am I taking sides on this and not commenting specifically to this issue, 1st every time ive delt with ECO's very polite and professional. I've witnessed people saying they were rude when they just where doing there job. example.... Guy is asked  by ECO asks is the gun loaded" answer by hunter  "No".... "DEC Let me see the gun and checks for himself"   Hunter " What do u think im lying".... and then the conversation and interaction starts going south..." another one is a guy gets a ticket for loaded gun. The guy gets out of the woods and is talking with his buddies lays his gun on the seat of truck while they make plans for the hunt.. ECO show up heres your ticket "loaded gun in vehicle ..... Now the guy is pissed but bottom line gun was loaded and in the vehicle... ECO has no idea what took place prior and yeah maybe he should cut the guy a break but if a ECO  believed every story from every guy that gets a ticket he would never cite any one....

Land... I most definitely understand where you coming from BUT not even close to what occurred. 

Not gonna repost bits of the conversation but what should have happened was him taking the information I was willing to provide and take notes if necessary.  He already had my name and phone #. If at that point I became a person of interest, he had my first and last name and seeing as how my first and last name will only yield one result through all 50 states via NCIC I think it would be safe to say he would be able to locate me. 

He yielded not one spec of professionalism. He started yelling like a side street thug about ready to engage in a bar fight. He spoke like a telephone tough guy from that show Jersey Shore. 

A civilian made four attempts to phone in a tip like requested in the field book and by the end of a returned phone call was accused of 5 or so crimes and was threatened to be arrested for even entering ANY spot in a 697 acre forest.

I did a little research about this guy.  He's been in the NYDEC since 02. That's 15 years as a badge and gun carrying officer of the law.  If I wanted to take the time, I could make it well known to the surrounding community that this guy is investigating the area for poaching, growing marijuana, illegal dumping. That's this guys quoted "four year investigation."  I'm not his captain or lieutenant, but if there is any shred of truth to a word he was sputtering, he could have blown hundreds of thousands in tax payers revenue for this so called investigation. 

Like I told him, I'm gonna think long and hard before I ever phone in a tip again and I'll paint the picture of..... hurt and suffering animal on the side of the road, poaching in hunting or fishing, trespassing, illegal dumping, environmental hazards, etc......

Hope he feels accomplished. 

• Like 1

Very much agree. I can't guarantee it was the same one. All I have to go by was pictures I took as it was grazing. It was also a deep brown and small. 

I asked him the same question in regards to why I'd call, and his only replay was that it wasn't his first day on the job.

"Odd" is and understatement. How do you think I felt?  I legitimately thought it was gonna be a five minute phone call with worse case scenario the ECO asking if I could show him where I found it. NOPE.... not even close. 

Edited by Spook
Added info.