Full moon 8 point

Buckstopshere

One more try...:rolleyes: My computer is acting crazy...sorry for the double post. My posts appear...and disappear...ghosts...just like these bucks...lol.

Arrowed this 8 pointer in 9Y near the Pa. border south of Wellsville on Nov. 4, just before the full moon rose in the east. I had pulled a cam card and noted this guy had been hitting one of zip-tied overhanging branch bouquets hard. But the wind was blowing wrong...from the southeast. So I drove to another property, climbed the hill and pulled a stand and climbing sticks...brought them to the new location, set them up quietly...cursing myself every time a buckle clinked and made a noise. Got set up and saw this guy chase a big doe at 4 pm. About an hour later another doe walked past the stand, relating to the zip-tied setup...and then this guy came out of the thick brush...grunting. She led him past me. Arrowed him at 12 yards. Arrow separated the lungs and heart. Ran 65 yards. Used a Bowtech carbon icon, 60 pounds...left handed, 125 grain thunderhead, and I figure it is a 3.5 year old. Many photos of this buck...not the big one...but couldn't pass him up.

Oak's 2017 NYS archery buck as I found him. .JPG

Oak's 2017 8 pt. buck .JPG

11.4.17 8 pt. befoe I arrowed him .JPG

Eight point in hard horn PT 9.2.17 .jpg

My 8 pt. at z-tie scrape on the morning I got him. .JPG

Eight pointer hits the licking branch bouquet . .jpg

Edited by Buckstopshere
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, eagle rider said:

well done.  Thunderhead 125, that is a blast from the past.  

Thanks. Heck, that's modern for me.:rolleyes: I remember when Roger Rothhaar developed that style head...Rothhaar Snuffers. Used to talk to him for hours on the phone...back in the 70's. Then Thunderhead came out with a replaceable blade head...same design. I tried it...loved the way they flew and that they were able to be shot right out of the package.