Why it’s high time to make peace with crossbow hunting

tughillmcd

Be as blunt as you want. I don’t agree with the term. I could care less about your bluntness. You are what is wrong with the sport honestly. Those that aren’t to your standards or expend what you feel is adequate effort are clowns. I don’t have an issue with a guy that shoots a round to verify, slides In the woods with his coat he wore in the diner and the boots he wore pumping gas. He can stand on watch with a big old cigar in his mouth drinking coffee. You see a clown. I see a guy that just doesn’t take it that seriously. That’s the difference.

I don’t have a problem with much of what you said either except the lack of practice with his weapon. Even the crossbow needs more than a shot or 2 to become what most consider ethically capable.

While not always true this hunter is often careless with shot placement and less likely to expel extra energy to track a bad shot.

You can’t deny that per capita this is far more prevalent with gun hunters.

Archery was meant to be a challenge. But modern society wants everything faster and easier.

Still just answering your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None of that makes any sense whatsoever.
You and other antis refuse to admit the reason for using a compound instead of a recurve is you want/need something easier. Which is perfectly fine. What is not fine is that you want your "easier" to be the cutoff for everyone. 

There’s a line somewhere and killing any deer with a modern compound is still no easy task for most and highly dependent on your hunting property.

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

Archery was meant to be a challenge. But modern society wants everything faster and easier.

Challenge is a personal thing, you may find something a challenge while someone else won’t.  

I know for a fact if I went and hunted in a certain property I could fill my tags with does with the bow but I don’t because I find it easy honestly. I’d rather hunt and barely see a deer because it’s more of a challenge and many guys would opt for the proven doe spot. 

Obviously you dont know because you have to be so handicapped that you cant use any diget on either hand to pull the trigger and must use a breath tube to fire ir

Nobody here agrees with those regs and every bow hunter I know wants disabilities and age to be simple.

That is not a card to play anymore

I don’t have a problem with much of what you said either except the lack of practice with his weapon. Even the crossbow needs more than a shot or 2 to become what most consider ethically capable.

While not always true this hunter is often careless with shot placement and less likely to expel extra energy to track a bad shot.

You can’t deny that per capita this is far more prevalent with gun hunters.

Still just answering your question.

I recall I. Previous threads you having a distaste for the top of hunters that would smoke and shower with Irish Spring soap. The gassing up in their hunting clothes.

I will disagree with you on the amount of practice needed whether it is gun bow/crossbow. And that had little to do with ethics. To me the ethics comes in with taking the money shot within you ability. Be it 10 yards or 300.

50 minutes ago, Belo said:

There’s a line somewhere and killing any deer with a modern compound is still no easy task for most and highly dependent on your hunting property.

I think that's about right while it's definitely easier then a recurve . You still have to practice with it to get good groups .

But my crossbow  not at all same range once sited in i could give one to anyone and they would more then likely out shot the compound bow easily .  That being said I don't mind if they make the crossbow season a little longer especially after gun season would be nice 

1 hour ago, Belo said:

Nobody here agrees with those regs and every bow hunter I know wants disabilities and age to be simple.

That is not a card to play anymore

I am fine with that my suspicion is that if one goes to a doctor he  talks to fish and game or writes a note that you are legitimately messed  up in someway they will give you a free pass to use a crossbow. 

They just want to stop scammers from taking advantage of the law who just want a better way to hunt.

I could be wrong . 

I recall I. Previous threads you having a distaste for the top of hunters that would smoke and shower with Irish Spring soap. The gassing up in their hunting clothes.

I will disagree with you on the amount of practice needed whether it is gun bow/crossbow. And that had little to do with ethics. To me the ethics comes in with taking the money shot within you ability. Be it 10 yards or 300.

I do have a distaste yes because the causality if this type of hunter is often disrespectful, litters, cheats and gives the rest of us a redneck billy bob stereotype I know most of us hate.

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

So you think a siege engine should be included to lol 

Most modern crossbow

hunters incorrectly refer to the bolts as arrows, due to the similar appearance, but the physics of how a bolt finds its target are different than that of an arrow used in a verticalbow. Crossbows can also be adapted to shoot lead bullets or rocks, in which case they are called stone-bows.

Crossbow is a crossbow  

Edited by Storm914

18 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Education is a terrible thing to waste. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_engine

Yea go back to school 

new law treats crossbows as a "muzzleloader." Hunters must possess a muzzleloaderhunting privilege to legally hunt with a crossbow during any muzzleloader season OR during open portions of the early bowhunting seasons.

Go talk to new york State about it then lol 

ar·cher·y
ˈärCH(ə)rē/
noun
  1. the sport or skill of shooting with a bow and arrows, especially at a target.

Bow's  don't have 
    gun stocks pistol grips   gun type  trigger  gun scopes  and gun bipods . 

When some one says  I'm going to shoot my bow

Nobody thinks they mean crossbow and you know it .

Edited by Storm914

Yea go back to school 

new law treats crossbows as a "muzzleloader." Hunters must possess a muzzleloaderhunting privilege to legally hunt with a crossbow during any muzzleloader season OR during open portions of the early bowhunting seasons.

Go talk to new york State about it then lol 

ar·cher·y ˈärCH(ə)rē/ noun
  1. the sport or skill of shooting with a bow and arrows, especially at a target.     Bow's  don't have  gun stocks pistol grips   gun type  trigger  gun scopes  and gun bipods .    When some one says  I'm going to shoot my bow   Nobody thinks they mean crossbow and you know it .  

Again. Do you know why this was? For the record it won’t be that way I. The future. I’ll give you a hint. It had to do with hunter education courses and instructors.
  • Like 1

I do have a distaste yes because the causality if this type of hunter is often disrespectful, litters, cheats and gives the rest of us a redneck billy bob stereotype I know most of us hate.

You must hang around some shitty folks. Yeah I have run into a few bad apples over the years but this pandemic of poaching, unethical gun hunters just doesn’t exist in the levels that are portrayed. I know guys that hunt opening weekend of gun and that is it. They are the sit in the woods and see what happens types. No care about wind, scent or anything. I just do not agree and never will that the bow season would be overrun with the billy bob rednecks you are so scared of
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Again. Do you know why this was? For the record it won’t be that way I. The future. I’ll give you a hint. It had to do with hunter education courses and instructors.

Because for about 10,000 years the definition of what a bow was , is 

A bow  that shoots arrows

Not a gun stock with gun trigger and gun scope that you can attached a gun bipod  that shoots bolts .

Maybe I'm just  old fashion . 

You probably think Bruce Jenner is  truly a woman to right .  just because he says so.

I get it  now. 

You win 

Well I feel  my shotgun is a bow to then .

And my 30 -06 feels like a, muzzle loader. 

You want a longer season fine but at least admit that a crossbow is different weapon then a bow .

And I would support a longer crossbow season after gun season .

Because for about 10,000 years the definition of what a bow was , is 
A bow  that shoots arrows
Not a gun stock with gun trigger and gun scope that you can attached a gun bipod  that shoots bolts .
Maybe I'm just  old fashion . 
You probably think Bruce Jenner is  truly a woman to right .  just because he says so.
I get it  now. 
You win 
Well I feel  my shotgun is a bow to then .
And my 30 -06 feels like a, muzzle loader. 
You want a longer season fine but at least admit that a crossbow is different weapon then a bow .
And I would support a longer crossbow season after gun season .

Listen douchebag. You keep spewing and don’t know you ass from your elbow. You keep saying the DEC shares you view because they required a muzzleloading tag. It is obvious you don’t have a clue why that was. There was a reason. Look into some facts before you develop your “neutral” opinion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Listen douchebag. You keep spewing and don’t know you ass from your elbow. You keep saying the DEC shares you view because they required a muzzleloading tag. It is obvious you don’t have a clue why that was. There was a reason. Look into some facts before you develop your “neutral” opinion

Stop  spreading urban legends lol 

Maybe you could get  Bruce Jenner to support your cause . He is confused to  lol 

the only other reason. Why dec let in crossbows is because hunting licenses have been going down .

It's money thing . 

It's  simple if the popularity of crossbows grows they become a money maker for sales of more licenses.

And anything that helps them sale more hunting licences will be considered. 

If they think it's going to make them more money the fact that it's not really a, bow will be over looked . So don't fool yourself. With this crossbow  is  a bow to bs .

Yea and Bruce Jenner is really a woman lol 

With a few extra parts lol 

Edited by Storm914

Dude, you make NO sense whatsoever. You're basically arguing for the sake of stirring things up without any factual fuel for your stance. It's almost impossible to figure out where you stand on the topic since you bounce around so much.

Relax, take a deep breath, get some actual facts and come back fully armed to discuss this topic with some logic.

Definitely not being critical, you're entitled to your opinion! You're just getting overly defensive and making little sense at this point!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nyslowhand said:

Dude, you make NO sense whatsoever. You're basically arguing for the sake of stirring things up without any factual fuel for your stance. It's almost impossible to figure out where you stand on the topic since you bounce around so much.

Relax, take a deep breath, get some actual facts and come back fully armed to discuss this topic with some logic.

Definitely not being critical, you're entitled to your opinion! You're just getting overly defensive and making little sense at this point!

Don't know who you are talking to but 

How can something that has double the range that anyone can learn to shoot so easily not have  a impact on deer take a lot  more then a tradition bow ?  very few can shoot well with a traditional bow or even a compound bow and that is why you  see less of them around .

You don't think this is logical it's common sense. 

Don't more deer get killed by long gun then pistol?

Or muzzle loader why is that for the same logical reason .

So why would anyone who wants to hunt with a recurve compound bow  gun or muzzle loader.  Want that if it's going to effect there season negatively?

Just more logic for you .

I think most places are over hunted as it is . Especially state land.

Why mess it up even more with more pressure in the early season . And another reason not to do it is it helps the anti gun movement in the state .

They will start saying why do you need a gun to hunt deer at all . when you can just use a crossbow .

I still remember when anti gun trolls were  saying : No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer .

That could be there plan long term in this state . All they need is a excuse .

Why help them along .

Unless maybe you are one  of those anti gun trolls posing as a hunter .

Wouldn't surprise me from the talking points I here on this topic .

Is it possible you don't know the difference between a bow and a crossbow and call your self a  bow  hunter .

Or maybe you are not allowed to own a gun because your a criminal?

Sounds a lot like something a  liberal gun troll would say about the difference between guns no clue what a semi automatic is.

How much more logical can I be you got your season all ready know need to mess up everyone else's season stop being greedy . Or try and get longer one after gun season when every one else has had there turn . 

Edited by Storm914