Deer innards

Paula

Ok so I saved parts for the dogs, liver, tounge, kidneys and something else.  I don’t know what it was, almost looked like lungs but for some reason I think wrong shape. It was firmer than liver. I boiled everything and it was pretty firm. I never thought to take picture of it.  I ground it all up. Any idea?

34 minutes ago, Paula said:

Ok so I saved parts for the dogs, liver, tounge, kidneys and something else.  I don’t know what it was, almost looked like lungs but for some reason I think wrong shape. It was firmer than liver. I boiled everything and it was pretty firm. I never thought to take picture of it.  I ground it all up. Any idea?

I didn't see you list the heart?

Paula I have no clue...lungs are pretty big...and a lighter shade of red/pink...if you figure it out let us know I'm curious...Bet you have some happy pups there...Angel was beside herself when I brought the deer home S.he'd waited since Oct... went out and guarded it...Mr B said some guy stopped at the road to try and get a look and she barked at the truck...She NEVER does that..it was HER deer...lol

Ahhh your right Culver..I just assumed it was there...

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

That was interesting. I don’t think I would prepare any for myself, aside from the heart. I might be willing to try if someone else offered cheek meat