Headed to camp!

First-light

Leaving in an hour. Haven't been there since I closed down the place in late muzzleloader. Going to do some hiking and look for some sheds. I pick up my new Suzuki 400 camo quad today at Arkport cycles! It's been a while since I have had one, kept on borrowing my neighbors when I needed to do some things around camp. Have a great weekend!

Hope things went well, seems to be a weekend for that kinda thing.

Just got back from camp, I should have packed the tent because it was Awsome up there. But at least the work I wanted to do got done. Of course there is more in due time. Then I went for a walk, busted 4 grouse, saw two turkeys and lots of deer prints. Man that gets the gears turning.

Guys,

Just got back, camp was in good order. Had to screw in some skirting that came loose but that was it. The  new quad is great! Gave it a good work out! I hiked with dog for 3 hours on saturday and found one nice shed. I'll load the pictures once my camera gets over its period!!! Dame thing won't mount as a drive on the computer. Question for you guys, I came across three different clutches of eggs that were broken. They were the size of large chicken eggs white in color. Too early for Turkey??? What do you guys think? I have no idea. The eggs were not destroyed but kind of broken in half. Each clutch had about 5 eggs. I'm baffled. Turkeys were gobbling every morning. Saw a bunch each day, can't wait.

Not to early for turkey eggs most breeding happens in april clutch when done would be 12-15 laying an egg a day would of been a setting nest by may, most likely turkey in brushy or wooded/grassy area, possible goose if near a wet area

It was in grassy area, I have seen turkey eggs and these were about the same size but a bit lighter. maybe bleached by the sun?

Would this be very early for eggs? When we think about season the Tom's are mating with the hens right now, am I wrong?

Maybe bleached a little, without seeing the nest hard to say for sure but if no ponds,geese,ducks  around i would say turkey. though their egggs are usually spekeled ..Our season is usually the end of breeding and most hens are sitting by may 1-14th. if nests are destroyed the hens will renest several times if nessary. Thats the main reason the dec won't even think of moving out season up into april at all the birds are a lot more responsive to calling now.