Archery in Schools

Five Seasons

18 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I never got shop class in the 2000s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

really i graduated in 02 and still had shop and home ec in middle school. Man did i hate home ec.

really skills kids need in my opinion. how much harm can come from one semester on basic tools and one on basic "how to survive and cook, sew and iron" lol. 

• Like 1

really i graduated in 02 and still had shop and home ec in middle school. Man did i hate home ec.
really skills kids need in my opinion. how much harm can come from one semester on basic tools and one on basic "how to survive and cook, sew and iron" lol. 
I was 07, middle school we had tech and home ec. HS no shop class. Saws were too scary. Luckily we did get some archery in gym which was cool

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 1/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, Belo said:

Saw this in my weekly DEC digest email. Hope is not lost!

Capture.JPG.b09a0d7d01f5dff0c2c25597f82eb376.JPG

I was reading up on this at one point to maybe start at the school I work at. It is a very candid program, you can only use 1 type of bow for practice or competition that you buy through the organization. In NY there is one tournament and from what I could tell only 1 place to take the classes to get certified by NASP which is on long island. I think if they opened it up more and allowed bows that a kid would actually use in the field would make a little more sense. Not only that the tournaments are a very limited range. I was thinking it would be closer to 3D style of tournaments but it is not.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 3:21 PM, Stay at home Nomad said:

1,970’s in Webster NY we shot bows in gym class and made billy clubs in shop class .

We used the foundry at school to make small black powder canons. He,he,he!

I'll be 59 in March as well Larry. If I miss ya here, have a great birthday!

• Like 1