Ordered a deep fryer.

Bionic

18 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

My daughter is on a healthy eating kick for the last 3 years. I got her one for Christmas. It's a fairly high dollar one. the basket will do 2 servings (But we all know how shall a real serving is..lol). And I will say this. It does OK. But don't confuse this with real deep fried. It's like comparing apples and bowling balls. 

Really? that much of a difference? Man I was hoping it would have been closer in taste. Maybe I'll just get one to do french fries (I hate soggy steak fries) thanks for the heads up. I was planning on still doing the walleye and perch fillets in veggie or canola oil.

18 hours ago, Bionic said:

I went with a 12 cup job, something to just do some wings, fries, things like that.  My dad has the full size turkey fryer he cooks pounds of wings in at a time, so if needed, he always offers it to use.   No turkey will fit in the fryer I bought.  

Chas' if you do buy, let us know what you think.  

That sounds like the perfect sized fryer. We used to have one of those black pot looking ones but man they made a mess of the counter and floor even with a splatter shield. Lately we have just been using our deep fry pan and some oil on the stove, seems to be doing a good job but I like the simplicity of a deep fryer. I too have the larger outdoor deep fryer we have used for clams and frying turkey.

21 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

Really? that much of a difference? Man I was hoping it would have been closer in taste. Maybe I'll just get one to do french fries (I hate soggy steak fries) thanks for the heads up. I was planning on still doing the walleye and perch fillets in veggie or canola oil.

That sounds like the perfect sized fryer. We used to have one of those black pot looking ones but man they made a mess of the counter and floor even with a splatter shield. Lately we have just been using our deep fry pan and some oil on the stove, seems to be doing a good job but I like the simplicity of a deep fryer. I too have the larger outdoor deep fryer we have used for clams and frying turkey.

I actually plan on using it in the basement,  or even outside, im too anal about keeping my house clean.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

It will crisp them up. To me it just doesn't taste the same. I also see that since the food isn't being moved around by the boiling oil, the spots that the fries are laying across each other don't seem to cook as well.  if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It will crisp them up. To me it just doesn't taste the same. I also see that since the food isn't being moved around by the boiling oil, the spots that the fries are laying across each other don't seem to cook as well.  if that makes sense. 

Makes PERFECT sense, and was concerned of that, which was why I shyed away

4 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Makes PERFECT sense, and was concerned of that, which was why I shyed away

Does a nice job on things like a single layer of chicken breasts. Things that can be arranged like that. My daughter does sweet potato fries in it and has to keep opening it and stirring things up to get them to cook more evenly. 

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, NonTypical said:

My favorite from the fryer. Hot boneless buffalo wings. A68D99B1-1918-4B77-B111-FCD8B0B0A930.thumb.jpeg.86c8ff785d272bf7fca384136a661de0.jpeg

that is definitely on my to-fry list!

Really really want to make zucchini fries.

Homemade onion rings 

Homemade potato chips for the guys at work.

Judy bought a cool daddy fryer, uses less oil, no where near the steam/oil residue as its a self contained unit. It doesn't take long to heat up and only a few minutes to do up a batch of breaded perch fillets.

Last fall we bough an air fryer ( I believe its a 3.7 quart unit) we have done a lot of breaded perch fillets in it. although it takes 6-7 minutes at 390 degrees the fillets are out of this world and no oil taste ( and we always use fresh oil in the deep fryer) one thing I found was that you can not stack fillets in the air fryer. so its a slower cooking process which keeps me from over eating :rofl:

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

as I was a big fan of crispy french fries, shrimp, chicken, onion rings but keep my diet in concern I'm using the one with the less oil. I felt Oil-Less Deep Fryers are the best invention, they reduce fats, calories, and other potentially harmful substances and provide healthy and tasty dishes for you. I look into deep fryer reviews and finalize Ninja AF101 Air Oil Free Turkey Fryer to have next in my kitchen. it has a Wide Temperature Range, Multi-Layer Rack, and Auto shut off features.