Best parenting advice

crappyice

Bunch of military breaking techniques staring in the corner standing at attention no moving talking or it starts over. Front leaning rest pushup position and flutter kicks and leg lifts and arms straight out to the sides and if you want to get serious with this one put something in the hands to holds up thatll breakem.
Many fond memories there. Who would think a half empty canteen could kick your butt ??? Lol.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. Us parents have our work cut out for us, that's for sure.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#1 lesson- this is not a Democracy. It is a dictatorship. 

#2 NEVER dish out a punishment when you are overly emotional about the situation and NEVER go back or lessen a punishment that is given. 

#3 the kids would rather have a finger cut off then loose access to online or social platforms. 

I am speaking from experience, My mother NEVER gave in on a punishment. I spend whole summers grounded. and look how I turned out.... well. ... I guess disregard everything I just said...lol. 

Seriously, my bad behavior was my mouth with my mother. She wouldn't argue or yell back. She would just calmly say that If this or that doesn't stop this second you are grounded for a week. (grounded meant you did NOTHING social). If I ran my mouth after that see just counted. 

Me: BLAH BLAH BLAH

Her: two weeks

Me:  BLAH BLAH BLAH

Her: 3

Me  BLAH BLAH BLAH

Her: 4. 

No, I am not a quick learner. 

My Daughter just turned 13....she is a really good kid and great student. She listens pretty well to me but not at all to her mother.  My daughter thankfully hasn't done anything too bad but if she questions my decision I just tell her that I am making the best decision I can as your parent and you may not like it but I have nothing but your best interest at heart. Doesn't leave whole lot to argue with...Trying to balance your kids growing up and wanting to do things on their own (which I can't blame them for) and thinking about the crazy world we live in is going to keep me up nights for the next several years.....

12 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I remember being grounded as a kid ,is today's grounding making the kid go outside for the day?

My biggest fear, was being grounded and having to stay INDOORS! Would offer to cut grass, rake, tend garden, ANYTHING, to not be indoors.