Leave the kid home!

airedale

So back in the days when I worked in a sporting goods store I had a good customer who was a Rome cop come in with a Fenwick rod he had just purchased a few days before with a broken tip.  He told me he hooked into a nice fish and the tip just snapped.

I told him man I am sorry that happened, Fenwick rods are top of the line and we have had zero problems with them, but have no fear Fenwicks warranty will cover this deal no problem. I will box it up and send in back to the company pronto and get it replaced.

So the rod was sent back and in a few days a brand new replacement rod arrived at the store and I called the cop to let him know his rod came in and was ready to be picked up at his convenience. So that afternoon the customer comes in along with his young daughter to pick up his rod, he is very thankful and appreciative that all ended well.

And as he is leaving his little girl chimes in and says "now the next time you go fishing Daddy don't close your fishing pole in the car door!!":rofl:

Al

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

My best fishing buddy broke 8 fishing rods one year.  We used to fish a lot!!!!!  but he leaned over the boat edge and broke one, set 3 down behind the truck and forgot and ran over them, set the hook on a bass in the deep weeds and broke one, broke one just on a hard cast, wasnt paying attention while drifting and got a hit and it went overboard, he had one rod he had for one day - we went to fish the selkirk pier and he casted and the rod snapped at the handle .......He did get a free replacement for that one but a tough year. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

Few years ago, I was fishing a tourney on the mohawk, below lock 13 at Fonda. My wife had just bought me a rather expensive rod and reel for my birthday. While making a long cast, to the seam of fast water coming over the dam, the rod just flew out of my hand! GONE!.......   Back home after the tourney, I'm unloading the boat, and the Mrs. comes out and asks "how did you like the new 'pole'?" I told her I loved it! Felt like nothing at all in my hand! I love it soooo much, I want to order another one!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3