Synthetic winch rope?

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

I just bought this one myself , haven’t installed it yet though. Has good reviews too. 

So far so good. Mine has held up good to this point. I figured it would be something I would have to change out every couple of years but as of now there is no need. I figure after two years it doesn't owe me anything and just hope if it is going to break it doesn't happen when I need it. Hopefully I can catch the signs of wear and replace it before it breaks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That alone is worth a swap to me

With the rope you just have to mindful that your not rubbing it on say a rock when your pulling yourself out. The ropes are pretty strong but not as abrasion resistant as a cable. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

for those using rope, can you attach it direct to a tree without worrying about kinking like a metal cable or is that still a bad idea?   It would be nice if it saved one step when I am stuck.

Mine had a 4 ft kevlar sheath around end of rope by hook that lets me wrap anything i want. Been using it to pull trees down that hang in management cutting.

Its.been through multiple creek crossings and pulled quite a few trees down that hung.. much easier to walk thru brush as the old cable was always twisting around anything it could with its loop memory from being on winch

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1