Woodchuck Head Shot In NJ Over The Weekend!

TheFieldArcher

I think so, nice quick kill... lights out!

haha....You're 45 years old guy!

Your youtube page contains the creepiest videos ever made.  I am waiting for the one where you are hiding behind one of those big post office mailboxes on the street corner, peering around it at a bunch of children getting off the schoolbus (full Ultimate Warrior makeup, of course).  Then a slow-mo from the rear of you walking up to a little boy that fell behind the rest of the group to tie his shoe.  Your arm reaching out, then a fade to black.

Or do you already have this video made and just not posted...........Hmm, I wonder.......

Children? Where did that come from? some imagination there, that is creepy!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with that.  If you shot it, you must do something constructive with it.  eat em, or mount em, or have a good reason to shoot it.  Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule.

The video was very skillful.  your skills are fine.  I'd go target shooting paper, rather than wood chucks.

(flame suit on)

Blur I fully agree with you, my rule is if you shoot it you eat it no exceptions. Or let it pass and just enjoy the wild life. Hunting to me means you hunt to eat not to kill something and leave it in the woods to rot that's how hunters get a bad name.

Dave

Predators and scavengers have to eat too. Nothing that dies in the woods goes to waste. Going out and killing game animals for no reason is one thing, but shooting vermin is another. You say you agree that coyotes, pigs and rats should be left to rot, but not woodchucks? Sounds like a bunch of contradiction to me.

Let me make it perfectly clear to you I don't believe in shooting anything even coyote or pigs and rat's etc. Just to kill them for the sport of just killing something. To me that is not what hunters do, may be you are ok with this type of conduct but i am not.  So this is not a contradiction to me, I thought we were to support ethical hunting? Do you think this is ethical? Yes animals do die in the woods and mother nature takes care of that in her own way she needs no help from us just killing wildlife no matter what type it is to help her along.

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  :(

I dont have a problem with letting chucks and other vermin lie. Perfectly ethical to me. Game animals though, nope, thats illegal to do, so it is not ethical and I do have a problem with it.

You are right I should have made myself clearer with my answer. I was agreeing with the premise. Of not killing something and letting them lie dead in the woods or fields. Just because it is not protected by no means does it make it ethical to kill them. I am surprised that a moderator if this site can't see that. Just giving fuel to the anti hunters to come at us. By the way I have heard that chuck is real tasty though I have never tasted one. Giving praise for someone taking head short at chucks and leaving them to rot is not praise worthy. Not a good spokesman for hunting in my opinion.

Dave

Dave

I dont claim to be a spokes person for anyone, and my views are not the views of the forum. I am not worried about your definition of what is ethical and what is not.

Do you kill mosquitoes or flies? Maybe spiders or mice? Do you eat those?

I think so, nice quick kill... lights out!

haha....You're 45 years old guy!

Your youtube page contains the creepiest videos ever made.  I am waiting for the one where you are hiding behind one of those big post office mailboxes on the street corner, peering around it at a bunch of children getting off the schoolbus (full Ultimate Warrior makeup, of course).  Then a slow-mo from the rear of you walking up to a little boy that fell behind the rest of the group to tie his shoe.  Your arm reaching out, then a fade to black.

Or do you already have this video made and just not posted...........Hmm, I wonder.......

Wouldnt the truly creepy one be the guy that thought that scenario up in the first place?  ::(

I disagree with that.  If you shot it, you must do something constructive with it.  eat em, or mount em, or have a good reason to shoot it.  Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule.

The video was very skillful.  your skills are fine.  I'd go target shooting paper, rather than wood chucks.

(flame suit on)

Blur I fully agree with you, my rule is if you shoot it you eat it no exceptions. Or let it pass and just enjoy the wild life. Hunting to me means you hunt to eat not to kill something and leave it in the woods to rot that's how hunters get a bad name.

Dave

Predators and scavengers have to eat too. Nothing that dies in the woods goes to waste. Going out and killing game animals for no reason is one thing, but shooting vermin is another. You say you agree that coyotes, pigs and rats should be left to rot, but not woodchucks? Sounds like a bunch of contradiction to me.

Let me make it perfectly clear to you I don't believe in shooting anything even coyote or pigs and rat's etc. Just to kill them for the sport of just killing something. To me that is not what hunters do, may be you are ok with this type of conduct but i am not.  So this is not a contradiction to me, I thought we were to support ethical hunting? Do you think this is ethical? Yes animals do die in the woods and mother nature takes care of that in her own way she needs no help from us just killing wildlife no matter what type it is to help her along.

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  :(

I dont have a problem with letting chucks and other vermin lie. Perfectly ethical to me. Game animals though, nope, thats illegal to do, so it is not ethical and I do have a problem with it.

You are right I should have made myself clearer with my answer. I was agreeing with the premise. Of not killing something and letting them lie dead in the woods or fields. Just because it is not protected by no means does it make it ethical to kill them. I am surprised that a moderator if this site can't see that. Just giving fuel to the anti hunters to come at us. By the way I have heard that chuck is real tasty though I have never tasted one. Giving praise for someone taking head short at chucks and leaving them to rot is not praise worthy. Not a good spokesman for hunting in my opinion.

Dave

Dave

I dont claim to be a spokes person for anyone, and my views are not the views of the forum. I am not worried about your definition of what is ethical and what is not.

When you start to ask stupid questions that's when the responses end. May be you know the difference between ethics and stupidity, may be not, I think it's not!!!!!

Dave

(flame suit on)

Dave

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  ;)

Dave

Dave

When you start to ask stupid questions that's when the responses end. May be you know the difference between ethics and stupidity, may be not, I think it's not!!!!!

Dave

They arent stupid questions. insects, mice, rats, etc are in the same classification as woodchucks (varmints, vermin, pests), so the questions are perfectly relevant and valid. Nice way to show that you cant come back with a viable rebuttal by playing the insult card though.  ::(

(flame suit on)

Dave

Dave

Maybe you should have made that perfectly clear before you quoted him saying "Coyotes, pigs, and rats are an exception to that rule." and then said you "fully agree".  ;)

Dave

Dave

Dave

They arent stupid questions. insects, mice, rats, etc are in the same classification as woodchucks (varmints, vermin, pests), so the questions are perfectly relevant and valid. Nice way to show that you cant come back with a viable rebuttal by playing the insult card though.  ::(

That wasn't an insult I was paying you a compliment. Hunter of insects, mice and rats and other pests, you know what we were referring to and that wasn't it. Hard to seriously  rebut your type of logic when you deviate from the topic.

Dave

Haha....Some moderator.  Not only do you get into a stupid back and forth on your forum, but you lose the back and forth as well!  haha

Next time, win one before you get into two.

Tail_hnt

This is really a creepy one!

You are not baiting me into watching any more of your psychopath videos!

Are you so in love with seeing yourself in your psychotic videos that you had to post another??  Even though people are making fun of you for them?! 

haha

I think the attacks come from frustrated/jealous non successful hunters.

These are not attacks just responses from watching someone who gets off on killing chucks and pretends he is practicing for deer season. Don't make assumptions about the hunting ability of the members on this site, we are neither jealous or unsuccessful.

Dave

These are not attacks just responses from watching someone who gets off on killing chucks and pretends he is practicing for deer season. Don't make assumptions about the hunting ability of the members on this site, we are neither jealous or unsuccessful.

Dave

Damn straight!

post-565-131455446965_thumb.jpg

post-565-131455447066_thumb.jpg

Haha....Some moderator.  Not only do you get into a stupid back and forth on your forum, but you lose the back and forth as well!  haha

The only thing WNY has lost is maybe a bit of dignity trying to argue with someone whose only tactic is to insult.

Jeesh when did we get so many animal rights hunters on here?Besides the woodchuck be a unholy creature with huge nashing teeth and a nasty disposition. These demons crawl out of there holes from hell in search of small dogs and young children to drag back down and devour. He was probably going out to raid the local village for children.You took him out before he got to far by the looks of it. Thankyou for your service in saving small dogs and children. I my self have killed hundreds and it never seems to put a dent in the population, trust me Ive tried.

Tail_hnt

This is really a creepy one!

You are not baiting me into watching any more of your psychopath videos!

Are you so in love with seeing yourself in your psychotic videos that you had to post another??  Even though people are making fun of you for them?! 

haha

We know who the psychopath is... disturbing thought about the children/school bus... who thinks of that?

I think the attacks come from frustrated/jealous non successful hunters.

Dave

What is wrong with woodchuck hunting? What is wrong with bowfishing for carp? What is wrong with crow hunting?..etc., etc., etc.... I don't eat any of them, but there is a HUNTING/FISHING season for them... I like racoons so I feed them, see , I don't waste! Great thread! :(;):D >:( ??? 

So I am sitting back, pretty dang pleased at what I did to this thread.

Recap:

I made a fool out of two people (one moderator).

Proved these two wrong multiple times.

Got to show off a few of my bucks.

Got a bunch of positive PM messages about what I was saying

Its been fun but, onto the next fool's post!

The only thing WNY has lost is maybe a bit of dignity trying to argue with someone whose only tactic is to insult.

Is that the only thing you can say when you don't get your way that you were insulted. What about calling members unethical if you don't agree with their stance. But you have a problem calling them out when they say something stupid. Seems like a bunch of sensitive individuals on this site, when you say something stupid people will respond.  Especially when you compare insects to wood chucks and deviate from the thread to make a point that wasn't in question. We must not disagree with the moderator and offend his kiss ups.

Dave

(flame suit on)

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

That wasn't an insult I was paying you a compliment. Hunter of insects, mice and rats and other pests, you know what we were referring to and that wasn't it. Hard to seriously  rebut your type of logic when you deviate from the topic.

Dave

"May be you know the difference between ethics and stupidity, may be not, I think it's not!!!!!"

Thats not an insult (or lame attempt at one)?

Again, my logic does not deviate from the topic. The question still stands.

I didnt lose anything, and just because Im a moderator, it doesnt mean I cant get involved in a discussion. Maybe you should stop throwing out stupid one liners and insults and discuss like a big boy.  ;)

So I am sitting back, pretty dang pleased at what I did to this thread.

Recap:

I made a fool out of two people (one moderator).

Proved these two wrong multiple times.

Got to show off a few of my bucks.

Got a bunch of positive PM messages about what I was saying

Its been fun but, onto the next fool's post!

The person you made a fool out of is yourself. You can deny it all you want, but its true.

(flame suit on)

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

Dave

They arent stupid questions. insects, mice, rats, etc are in the same classification as woodchucks (varmints, vermin, pests), so the questions are perfectly relevant and valid. Nice way to show that you cant come back with a viable rebuttal by playing the insult card though.  ::)

Dave

"May be you know the difference between ethics and stupidity, may be not, I think it's not!!!!!"

Thats not an insult (or lame attempt at one)?

Again, my logic does not deviate from the topic. The question still stands.

I just hope you don't vote. Because you have a hard time with the issues. I guess anyone can be a moderator, if they don't have a handle on the topic.

Dave

Dave

hunting,  the issue shooting chucks and leaving them to rot in the woods, you think that's an ethical way to practice for deer hunting. You have to present a better case than that, not the image we want the public to have about hunting.

Dave

I was shooting woodchucks for farmers with a 22 and a 223 . I would put the dead ones in the holes they made . They would usually be gone the next day , taken by fox or yotes . It sure made the farmers happy as when their farm equipment hit those holes , it usually caused damage .

I also had a non-hunting friend ask me to shoot some barn pigeons and also a chuck that was eating up his wife's vegetable garden .

What's the big deal ??????