Cornell here I come

crappyice

Two of my golfers qualified for the NYS Golf Tournament today and we will be heading to Cornell next weekend.

Here’s MY itinerary since the kids travel with the team:

Friday - sprint to the evening hatch at the Beaverkill and grab a room.

Fish the Beaverkill and willowemoc Saturday or make my way to Hancock for the East Branch. Get to Cornell by 9:00pm for opening ceremony/meeting.

Sunday (am before kids tee off) - flyfish somewhere—-insert small stream- anyone with local knowledge care to give up a honey hole.

Sunday dinner recommendations?

Monday- final round - collect trophies!

Sprint back to the Beaverkill for the Monday evening hatch.

Home by 11:00pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Congrats ! I played there for states a bunch of times. 

Ithaca brewing for dinner maybe ( pizzas are pretty good ) , viva for  authentic Mexican , moose wood is vegetarian but really good , Ithaca ale house has good food (all but Ithaca brewing in the commons ) the farmers market on the weekend is great , not sure about where to fly fish 

College town bagels ( there’s a couple ) for breakfast Heard good reviews on the antlers restaurant which is more upscale than others I listed. We go every July 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

If you are looking for a long-time classic restaurant that is not flashy but has solid food, I recommend the Antlers on Dryden Rd (older, local crowd). If you have time for brunch or lunch, MIX Kitchen and Bar on Elmira Rd. has an amazingly tasty and creative menu. If you are eating with guys with big appetites, Ithaca Gateway BBQ Kitchen on State St. has huge portions and very good food.

• Like 1

Check out shepherds creek for fly fishing. Heavily stocked, and artificial lure section holds alot of trout. For dinner check out the boatyard bar and grill

Thanks Lucky...I can’t seem to find anything on the web about their “shepherds creek.” Is there somewhere i can find some more info? PM if you don’t want TF to know about it since he frequented the area during his young golf career

• Like 1

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

Thanks Lucky...I can’t seem to find anything on the web about their “shepherds creek.” Is there somewhere i can find some more info? PM if you don’t want TF to know about it since he frequented the area during his young golf career

It is in van etten. Look under cayuta creek.

• Like 1

Anyone know about the stream below the Ithaca Falls? Still can’t post pics(recently updated IOS- does that have something to do with it?) Awesome falls. Any trout in there? Saw a sign about sturgeon running up here to spawn. Can I park in the school lot tomorrow am before I go coach?

Heading to the Boatyard with the coaches for a quick bite.

Heading to the Mahogany grill with my golfers’ families tonight. Section 1 leading tourney by 4 strokes. One of our kids shot -1 today and is leading the tourney. My two players were up and down. +6 and +9 both ending heir day with two doubles on 17 and 18.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:35 PM, crappyice said:

Anyone know about the stream below the Ithaca Falls? Still can’t post pics(recently updated IOS- does that have something to do with it?) Awesome falls. Any trout in there? Saw a sign about sturgeon running up here to spawn. Can I park in the school lot tomorrow am before I go coach?

Heading to the Boatyard with the coaches for a quick bite.

It is good for spawning rainbows and landlocks, but it is the wrong time of year for that...Cayuta is less than an hours drive and comes highly recommended by one of my fly fishing buddies, although I have never fished it myself...

11 hours ago, Pygmy said:

It is good for spawning rainbows and landlocks, but it is the wrong time of year for that...Cayuta is less than an hours drive and comes highly recommended by one of my fly fishing buddies, although I have never fished it myself...

Cayuta is good all year long. I use to fish it alot. I fish outside the artificial lure only cause less of a crowd and also in july sneaking up on a bank with a small redworm is how I was taught to fish there. I grew up fishing shepherds creek as I know it.