New WMA ?

• 1 month later...

So, if I'm reading this right, the city of Albany paid $5.2 million for the property, and sold it for $814,000?  Remind me not to turn to the State of New York for financial investment advice. Sounds like the well seated politicians who sold the property to the state did alright, though.

And Cuomo is saying that the climate/weather is the reason that people are leaving the state. My dad used to say, "Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining."

Edited by eaglemountainman
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

So, if I'm reading this right, the city of Albany paid $5.2 million for the property, and sold it for $814,000?  Remind me not to turn to the State of New York for financial investment advice. Sounds like the well seated politicians who sold the property to the state did alright, though.

And Cuomo is saying that the climate/weather is the reason that people are leaving the state. My dad used to say, "Don't piss on my back and tell me it's raining."

If you feel the need to make a thread about opening up new public land to people political, and that's your stand, so be it. Carry on.

I personally think this is a great opportunity for more people who don't own land to have hunting access. There's a good amount of public land in my area, but more isn't a bad thing. Would rather that land be a WMA then a new housing development. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob... said:

If you feel the need to make a thread about opening up new public land to people political, and that's your stand, so be it. Carry on.

I personally think this is a great opportunity for more people who don't own land to have hunting access. There's a good amount of public land in my area, but more isn't a bad thing. Would rather that land be a WMA then a new housing development. Just my opinion. 

Seriously? No, I don't feel the need to start a political thread, but thanks for your permission. Also, just so you know, I will comment on any thread on this forum any way I see fit without consulting you. I don't care what your post count is. And thanks for your opinion.

35 minutes ago, eaglemountainman said:

Seriously? No, I don't feel the need to start a political thread, but thanks for your permission. Also, just so you know, I will comment on any thread on this forum any way I see fit without consulting you. I don't care what your post count is. And thanks for your opinion.

:rofl:

Have at it. I am going to enjoy your political commentary. Just remember, just because YOU have an opinion, doesn't make you right. Carry on. and I do mean, CARRY ON!

OH, and I have no idea what anyones post count would matter, who cares. Bill? Is that you?

Edited by Rob...

44 minutes ago, Rob... said:

:rofl:

Have at it. I am going to enjoy your political commentary. Just remember, just because YOU have an opinion, doesn't make you right. Carry on. and I do mean, CARRY ON!

OH, and I have no idea what anyones post count would matter, who cares. Bill? Is that you?

Apparently, you didn't enjoy it. To the contrary, you seemed to get butt hurt by it, judging from your response. You're  right, it was my opinion and I never said it was right. You are completely free, as an American, to disagree with it, just as I was to state it. Hell, you can even rebut it, if you think you're capable of stringing seven words together in a sentence. Carry on.

My butt is fine. But if you want to go into that, well, I like hot foods. So, I always have issues back there.

Still don't get what your issue is with new public land. You have made no statement or comment about it, you just got pissed off because of a question I asked. 

What didn't I rebuttal? I spoke what I had to say, you just seem to want argue.

So to clear this up,  and leave politics out of it, what is your problem with this state creating new public land? 

Christ, I feel like I'm debating my 8 year old grandson.

Okay, since you want to clear this up, let me see if I can help you out. Of course, more public land is a good thing. That's so obvious that it doesn't require statement. I merely pointed out  the horrible financial aspect of the transaction. I wasn't looking for an argument. But, that's when you decided that you had the authority to dictate what people should or shouldn't post. So, you initiated an argument, not me. 

Again, so you're clear, I will post whatever I see fit on this forum, within forum rules, without concern for your sensibilities. 

15 hours ago, Rob... said:

I do not care about the Financials ! Just the fact that the land will be open to ALL for hunting/hiking/snowmobiling/ATV'ing is far far better than a Landfill for Albany County ! And per Army Corps of Engineers is a Wetland so its permanent Forever Wild .This area is located in the 4B area and at the moment first and second DMP's are available ! I know I have both !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eaglemountainman said:

Christ, I feel like I'm debating my 8 year old grandson.

Okay, since you want to clear this up, let me see if I can help you out. Of course, more public land is a good thing. That's so obvious that it doesn't require statement. I merely pointed out  the horrible financial aspect of the transaction. I wasn't looking for an argument. But, that's when you decided that you had the authority to dictate what people should or shouldn't post. So, you initiated an argument, not me. 

Again, so you're clear, I will post whatever I see fit on this forum, within forum rules, without concern for your sensibilities. 

As I said, carry on. I DGAF what you post! I made no authority about anything, that is all you being argumentative. I just hate when people ruin a perfectly good thread about hunting or NYS opening up new lands for those of us who primarily hunt public land by bringing a political aspect to the plate when there really was no need to do so.

I honestly don't give a rats ass about how you feel or what you post. I made a comment, you didn't like it, and YOU had a fu&^%$ meltdown, not me. Best of luck this season, I hope you kill a nice buck.

• 4 years later...