Nikon Bolt

Steuben Jerry

I purchased one and sent it back for a refund right after I got it. The glass is very clear but there is only 1 actual crosshair in the center with a vertical and horizontal crosshair. Below the center crosshair are small circles on a vertical crosshair with no intersecting horizontal crosshair. These small circles are very difficult to see especially in low light situations. There is no illumination to the circles and most of the time they are next to impossible to see. I own several other Nikon scopes but the Bolt was a no go for me.       valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Anyone upgrade their scope and get this one? The scope that came on my Parker isn't much for clarity. I've had good luck with Nikon's riflescopes.

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/product-archive/riflescopes/bolt-xr-crossbow-scope.html

Did u get a red hot with your Parker?   I have a Parker as well and really like the scope cause the lines were set perfect for 20,30,40,50.

35 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Did u get a red hot with your Parker?   I have a Parker as well and really like the scope cause the lines were set perfect for 20,30,40,50.

Yes, it's got the same small circle yardage markers as the Nikon. And the circles are right on. The Red Hot is illuminated, but I don't care about that too much. The Red Hot just isn't crisp.

I picked one up from Jdubs, got a good deal from a great guy! Put it on a Barnett Raptor, I like it alot! Much better upgrade, than the package scope that came with it. Crystal clear and I like the small circles, aim small miss small. And like DDT, I referenced the Spot On by Nikon to sight it in, and it shoots small groups out to 50 yards, no problem. 

• Like 2