Mathews Triax

HuntOrBeHunted

• 2 weeks later...

Specs are 28 inch axle to axle. Draw set at 27. And pull is set at 65 give or take a pound. Went with the army camo and then added green strings and a green QAD hdx drop away. Getting 340fps. Smooth draw cycle and solid back wall. Stacks arrows at 30 yards. 

Just got my first 3D deer target so ive been shooting out at 50ish yards away with good results. 

Pics to come of the set up it looks pretty sharp.

• Like 1

How is that possible that you are getting 340 fps with that bow?  What spine and weight  arrows?   The bow is only rated for 343 with a 70 lb limbs and 30.5 inch draw.  Arrow weight total and GPI?  Did you actually chrono it or are you estimating? 

• Like 2

Sorry fellas I worded that wrong. 340 was the max speed of bow. With my set up im steady around the 285-292 give or take a few fps. 350gr arrow. Ive been shooting and adjusting as I go.

Final set up it going to be 28 inch draw and about a half turn off from max 70lbs so say 68lbs. 350gr arrow and shooting rage broad heads. 

• Like 2

plugged those numbers into an arrow speed calculator and it spit out 311 so might get a little more speed than you think . 

9 hours ago, HuntOrBeHunted said:

Sorry fellas I worded that wrong. 340 was the max speed of bow. With my set up im steady around the 285-292 give or take a few fps. 350gr arrow. Ive been shooting and adjusting as I go.

Final set up it going to be 28 inch draw and about a half turn off from max 70lbs so say 68lbs. 350gr arrow and shooting rage broad heads. 

• Like 1

got mine in April Great bow I do not know what I am getting for speed as I am a 26.5" draw so I am always a lot slower than most I never worried about it. what I do know is it is smooth drawing, quiet, dead in the hand yes I guess some complain it is heavy for a 28" ATA bow but I really don't notice the 4.4 lbs being heavy

IMG_20180331_130428_01.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...