Hunting on Private Property in Westchester (3S)

jackULL

I have no clue here. Can anyone shed a light about hunting on private property;

- Do we have to follow the hunting dates for bow (Oct 1st – Dec 31st) ? Or can I hunt all year round with permission granted by the owner?

- Would it consider to be pouching when scouting on private land while carrying firearm or bow?

- What other limitations or if there's any, hunting in private land?

Thanks!

I have no clue here. Can anyone shed a light about hunting on private property;
- Do we have to follow the hunting dates for bow (Oct 1st – Dec 31st) ? Or can I hunt all year round with permission granted by the owner?
- Would it consider to be pouching when scouting on private land while carrying firearm or bow?
- What other limitations or if there's any, hunting in private land?
Thanks!

Yes you have to follow seasons and why would you scout outside of season with a weapon it’s just asking for trouble. Unless of course you have a CCW which I’m guessing you don’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

ChefHunter86, I only have a "Sportsman" pistol permit, which I assumed allow to carry on any outdoor activity...

Thanks for all the insight. I guess its better to be safe than sorry for a privilege to hunt on private land.

Will post my deer on the first week of October. ;) Gotta be positive...

Edited by jackULL

ChefHunter86, I only have a "Sportsman" pistol permit, which I assumed allow to carry on any outdoor activity...
Thanks for all the insight. I guess its better to be safe than sorry for a privilege to hunt on private land.
Will post my deer on the first week of October.  Gotta be positive...

Sorry pal put you know what happens when you assume and well.... no you can not carry while bow hunting in NY no matter where it is... thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1