Pistol permit application

So just picked up my pistol permit application paperwork for applying in Sullivan county. I’m a little concerned that I may have an issue because 4 yrs ago, my slut ex put out an Order of protection against me and at the time, they had confiscated all my guns. I guess that’s standard procedure , not sure. Anyway, she lied but In  NY state, doesn’t matter as family laws are grossly skewed in favor of the woman as I have unfortunately become aware of through experience. Judge will issue anyway as a precaution. Anyway, was over 4 yrs ago and got my guns back a long time ago. Will this give me trouble, anyone that knows? 

Thanks, 

David 

Wouldn’t really matter because it doesn’t impact me in any other way except it may for my pistol permit but hopefully not.Gun Laws  in NY very tough unfortunately. One of the disadvantages of living in a liberal state . Thanks for the input though
Meant could be problematic in terms of permit. Just the mere fact you got one against you regardless of the fact it was later dismissed may cause you some issues. A quick call to a lawyer should give you assurances on whether you really need legal counsel or not. And I agree NY laws are absurd

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

You will be denied and you will have to appeal.  If the order was vacated, you should not be denied the permit.  Unfortunately, NY will unconstitutionally put the burden of proof on you, and then may decide to ignore it.  There is no legal reason you should be denied if the order was vacated, which it must've been if your firearms were returned, but NY is notorious for flaunting the law.  They have a real "take us to court" attitude when they willfully violate your rights.

If it comes down to it, get a lawyer and sue the hell out of them.

• Like 2

I was arrested for assault in the early 80's (bar fight) and I was forced to pay his medical bills , both lawyer fees and I had an order of protection placed on me. I thought for sure my pistol permit application was doomed. Much to my surprise I was still granted a full carry permit. I even used some of the guys and girls from the bar as character witnesses on the application. Even though times have certainly changed , I think you will get your permit.....I hope so anyway.

If the order was vacated and therefore null and void at this time it should not cause any conflict in your permit process. I know at least in Saratoga County the County Court Judge reviews the applications completely and as long as the circumstance is FULLY EXPLAINED on your application it should not be an issue. The "OP" will more than likely still be on your criminal history and show as vacated. 

More people attempt to not list what they feel are issues that may have negative lights against them and then by omission get denied for that. What I am saying is if you don't list it on your application and your history shows it there it makes it look like your hiding the information. 

Be fully truthful and disclose the information and most Judges understand....Every county and every judge is different...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Water Rat said:

Well said Salmon Run...….excellent advice.

Thank you..............I'm retired from a sheriff's office...

Like your parent's should have taught you, honesty is the best policy...especially when affirming documents under penalty of perjury.....

• Like 1