The Obama Administration Was Setting Up Gun Owners For Harassment!

The Foundation  "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined." --Patrick Henry

Editorial Exegesis   

"Acting ATF director Kenneth Melson is apparently ready to take the fall for what may be the most morally repulsive scandal to befall the Obama administration so far. Our neighbor Mexico lies bleeding from a long, vicious war to fight seven major drug cartels at once. Some 38,000 have been left dead since 2006. Amid all this, U.S. ATF agents had orders from on high to supply U.S. weapons to cartel middlemen buying them on U.S. soil for the odd purpose of 'tracing' them. The news that Melson is resigning seems to be a bid by the Obama administration to paint this as simply an example of Keystone Kop-style bungling being corrected. But many things suggest the operation may have been done for political purposes, and not merely stupidity. The idea behind 'Operation Fast and Furious' was to let gun dealers sell weapons to cartel middlemen, who would then ship them to criminal gangs in Mexico, and damn the consequences. ... There was no effort to trace the weapons even after letting them get out. If the weapons weren't traced, why was this operation sanctioned? ... [barack Obama ... wanted to reinstate an assault-weapon ban in 2008, but said he did not have the political capital to do it. Bob Owens, writing for Pajamas Media, noted that the administration seemed to want to whip up a crisis requiring a crackdown on guns in the U.S. It gets worse. President Obama has long wanted gun-control-oriented ATF agent Andrew Traver to head the agency. Now, with Melson rumored to be ready to quit this week, he may get his way and benefit. There are real questions that must be answered about who knew about this, and when. An American lies murdered for what may be political aims. He has a right to justice -- as high up as it goes." --Investor's Business Daily

google it- another group of yahoos printing inflammatory nonsense for guys like vjp who are only too happy to spread around and represent it as fact.  pure nonsense, zero credibility.  same as every other source vjp quotes.

The piece is by Investors Business Daily... not by Pajamas Media.. Yet Bob Owens is correct in that justice needs to be done as high as it goes up... take the time to read any media report you like and the facts are still the same... the guns were used by the government to be tracked in Mexico with no idea how they would be tracked once they were released...hence they were not tracked... they were used to kill a border patrol agent... someone should be held accountable for transporting weapons and the higher up person that authorized the operation ought to be brought up on charges as well... that person may have been our President... although he claims he didn't know about the operation... hmmm the President had no idea of an operation concerning national security where arms were being shipped across the Mexican border by a department of the government ... yet he claims to have been the decision maker when it comes to taking down Usama Bin Laden...

Yeah, and the previous president sent several thousand servicemen to die in Iraq on the notion that Iraq held stockpiles of WMD.  Why aren't you guys crying to also bring him up on a few charges??  You guys are so predictable it ain't even funny.  As I have often said, if many of you were whitetail bucks, you'd be gunned down at sunrise on opening morning.  Very easy to pattern what you will say and do.

Typical liberal or anti gun advocate response to attack George Bush... when we were talking about our current President and his roll in THIS operation... and nobody said anything about bringing him up on charges if he didn't really know what was going on with an operation concerning national security... you might be right based on his track record concerning Mexico and national security in the past... he probably knows nothing about it.. ;)

Yeah, and the previous president sent several thousand servicemen to die in Iraq on the notion that Iraq held stockpiles of WMD.  Why aren't you guys crying to also bring him up on a few charges??  You guys are so predictable it ain't even funny.  As I have often said, if many of you were whitetail bucks, you'd be gunned down at sunrise on opening morning.  Very easy to pattern what you will say and do.

What you said doesn't prove them wrong.  It was just a, "Yeah... well look at what the other guy did!!"  Well that and tossing out insults, which added a significant amount of maturity.

That tactic is just as predictable, so perhaps if they were whitetail bucks, and you were a whitetail buck, you might find yourselves riding in a truck bed together.

But yes, Bush did send our brave men and women to war because he was informed Iraq had WMD's.  Congress voted on it and they all agreed it's what should have been done.  Congress did not, however, get to vote on us being in Libya or Yemen.

But I don't think the thread was about Bush.  I think it was our government letting guns cross the border and lying about vital statistics (saying 90% of the guns used by cartels came from America, when they knew the humber was no higher than 18%).  The gun that killed our border patrol agent, who was armed with beanbag rounds, was NOT one of the FAF guns, although two FAF guns were found on-site.  The only reason why I think Obama knew about it is because it involved an international border, and if he got a call from the Mexican president he would have needed to know what to say.  "Oh, my government is letting illegal guns cross the border... I had no idea" wouldn't have worked.  But I could be wrong.  Holder definitely knew.

likewise....

Looks like I struck some more sensitive nerves!  LOL  For everyones information, I did not call for bringing Bush up on charges, and never said that Obama shouldn't be.  I only said that if Obama should be brought up on charges for this why would Bush and his cronies be spared for what they might have done??  And please spare me with the Congress approving the Iraq war bit also.  You guys know damned well that Bush and his administration started the ball rolling on that one.  Just because Congress was stupid enough to approve the Bush administrations plan, does not mean the Bush administration should be any less responsible for their blunders.  Again YOU boys are the ones showing your typical knee-jerk reactions to anyone asking an honest question.  Like I said, BOOM, you boys would be dead at sunrise on opening day! LOL

Good steer away from addressing the topic Steve... as for predictable.. we can always count on your witty intelligent responses on the negative side of a topic... oh and I might add .. totally void of any facts... but lets not let facts get in the way of your realist opinions... keep up the good work. carry on.

I never said I was an honor student.. lol... I was a "B" student in college and I'm pretty sure I never mentioned anything other than I went to college... and I have owned my own contracting business for 26 years...not sure what that has to do with anything... and no.. I don't have the facts to everything.. just the things I'm talking about. You didn't even have your facts right with that post.

I never said I was an honor student.. lol... I was a "B" student in college and I'm pretty sure I never mentioned anything other than I went to college... and I have owned my own contracting business for 26 years...not sure what that has to do with anything... and no.. I don't have the facts to everything.. just the things I'm talking about. You didn't even have your facts right with that post.

http://huntingny.com/forums/index.php/topic,4710.msg57295.html#msg57295

Here's the bottom line on this thread and others. Some of you fellas post up pure and utter BS editorials and other "sources" and then the rest jump on the band wangon like its a word from god. Why? Because you beleive it no matter who or how many people point out the facts no matter what the issue may be. That is very much a follow the leader mentality even though I'm sure you all think you are "mavericks" lol.

Now back to the subject at hand, yes there should be justice done for this agent that got killed. Pretty simple when you remove all of the flash.

I'm curious what you find in the article that was posted that is way out there and so hard to believe...maybe that the President might actually have known what was going on? So, you guys really believe that one of the biggest things happening right now concerning national security (border control) is happening right under our Presidents nose and he knows nothing about an operation where guns are being put in the hands of drug cartels by a department of the federal government... and if he didn't know... don't any of you think that he should have?? And just for shits and giggles lets say the ATF did it on their own without his knowledge... tell me again how we should be trusting the federal government... they can't even be trusted by the rest of the federal government.

You boys are really not capable of comprehending the written word, are you?  That article came from Investors Business Daily, and all of the facts are in the Congressional Ledger taken directly from the hearings that are currently underway in Washington, D.C.

You obviously don't watch the news or read a newspaper, if you are so clueless on current events.

The point of the article isn't what the ATF did, or what the results of it were.  Those two things have already been proven beyond a shadow of doubt by testimony to Congress from ATF field agents themselves.  Two things are still left unanswered.  How far up the government hierarchy did the knowledge go?  But most of all, was this a contrived, manufactured conspiracy to make it look as if the Clinton "assault weapons" ban needed to be re-instated again?  That would be a direct attack on gun owners and the 2nd Amendment, based on lies!  If you don't think it was, you are either naive, or leftist anti-gun.

The acting ATF head is going to take the fall for this, but I hope Congress presses on even if he does, because the Chicago crony that Holder wants to put in as a permanent head of the ATF hates guns and gun owners.  And you can look it up if you don't believe it.

P.S.  I love how my posts are dismissed as factless and biased, based on sheer intolerance of the subject matter, wihout any research or rebuttal what so ever.  That is evidence of uninformed opinion or blind liberalism.

(Personally,  I think Steve is unemployed, based on the amount of time he devotes to posting hate for the right on this forum.  BTW, they don't call it the "Right" for nothing.)

"Now back to the subject at hand, yes there should be justice done for this agent that got killed. Pretty simple when you remove all of the flash."

Here you go sheep...re-read it.

baaa baaa baaa

"P.S.  I love how my posts are dismissed as factless and biased, based on sheer intolerance of the subject matter, wihout any research or rebuttal what so ever.  That is evidence of uninformed opinion or blind liberalism"

Well if you didn't constantly cut and paste from all of these various "sources" that wouldn't happen.

Personally VJP I think you are most likely sitting on a pee soaked couch trimming your Abe Lincoln beard in a trailer home some where waiting for the Blackhawk helicopters to come try to take your guns and freedom...shh I hear them coming now.....

(Personally,  I think Steve is unemployed, based on the amount of time he devotes to posting hate for the right on this forum.  BTW, they don't call it the "Right" for nothing.)

Hahahaha!!  What a piece of trash you are.  You could only wish you had my job.  By the way I start very few posts around here.  YOU are the one who constantly posts your right wing garbage and then you have a cow when someone has even the slightest disagreement with it.  Even a simpleton can see what you really are.