Shooting some new bows

sodfather

13 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Data from states that have had full inclusion for a long time (Ohio), indicates that approximately 25 % of archery season kills are with verticals, and 75 % are with crossbows.   While 25 % is a significant number, you might be right about "compound" verticals becoming obsolete.   The traditionalists, who stick with the verticals, would probably move towards recurves and longbows.      

Oh ya well you eat deer balls 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It appears Eddie is having a bad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really . I looked into my crystal ball and saw full inclusion in a couple years . Also the the requirement for compound sales dropping as well as the prices for them . :rolleyes: 

Not really . I looked into my crystal ball and saw full inclusion in a couple years . Also the the requirement for compound sales dropping as well as the prices for them . :rolleyes: 

I agree full inclusion is coming and id probably sell my compound when it does. However, I don’t think compounds will become obsolete right away

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I agree full inclusion is coming and id probably sell my compound when it does. However, I don’t think compounds will become obsolete right away

But will become obsolete for many.  More then Less.  Hunter age will ave a big say in that movement.  Few new hunters coming in and givin the choice most of them would pick the easier weapon.

But will become obsolete for many.  More then Less.  Hunter age will ave a big say in that movement.  Few new hunters coming in and givin the choice most of them would pick the easier weapon.

Agree

7 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I know I'll be doing my part to keep vertical bows going into the next generation. Always choosing the easier path is not a good thing and not a good trait to teach a child. 

Edited by Jeremy K
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Not that this pertains to what this thread is about I would agree with this statement. Most kids are lazy however my daughter has been shooting bows for 3 years now I doubt she would use a crossbow. I guess it’s how their brought up

• Like 1

I don't need a new bow, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my Elite Hunter, but i find myself watching some nib Elite Impulse 31 on ebay.  They're are 2017 models so they are not the newest but there are about 4-5 years newer then my hunter and the reviews are good. i can't see me spending the $$ on a brand new 2018 model but I can be convinced to spend a lot  less on a new older model. Does anyone have an Elite Impulse 31 and how do you like it? I hesitate to buy one without shooting it first. The 1 thing I was disappointed with my hunter is the speed. about 260 fps.  I had a GT500 before the hunter and it shot 290 fps. I don't know how much faster is the Impulse?

• Like 1

Sodfather went about his search for a new bow the right way . Go to a shop /shops and try them out . Too often we go by reviews that the bow gurus write up in magazines . What is a good fit for one person doesn't work for another . So shooting a bow that you intend to buy is the way to go . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2012_taco said:

I don't need a new bow, there is absolutely nothing wrong with my Elite Hunter, but i find myself watching some nib Elite Impulse 31 on ebay.  They're are 2017 models so they are not the newest but there are about 4-5 years newer then my hunter and the reviews are good. i can't see me spending the $$ on a brand new 2018 model but I can be convinced to spend a lot  less on a new older model. Does anyone have an Elite Impulse 31 and how do you like it? I hesitate to buy one without shooting it first. The 1 thing I was disappointed with my hunter is the speed. about 260 fps.  I had a GT500 before the hunter and it shot 290 fps. I don't know how much faster is the Impulse?

I had an impulse 31 ,I couldn't get rid of it fast enough . I can hold a decent group with my bows and I could not get that bow to group at 30 yards no matter what I tried ,I had Jeff go through it twice with me ,we tried different spine and weight arrows .

• Like 1

I love buying used bows you get great deals sometimes. The down side is you can’t shoot them first unless you know someone with same bow. I bought a used Prime and love it and will keep that bow. I bought another 1 year old Prime and hated  it. I had to sell that and lost money on that bow. With a new bow you can shoot them all and decide if course you pay full price. So it’s all on what works for you 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sodfather said:

I love buying used bows you get great deals sometimes. The down side is you can’t shoot them first unless you know someone with same bow. I bought a used Prime and love it and will keep that bow. I bought another 1 year old Prime and hated  it. I had to sell that and lost money on that bow. With a new bow you can shoot them all and decide if course you pay full price. So it’s all on what works for you 

My "new" Bowtech is actually "new to me", last year I shot all of the new bows and decided on the one I wanted. Once this year's models came out I found what I wanted for exactly half the cost of new last year.  I didn't "need" a bow so I had time to wait and it payed off.

• Like 1

I was also interested in shooting the Hoyt Red Wrx but I omitted it as soon as I saw the price tag. I'm not paying $1600 for a bare bow, period. $1000-1100 is bad enough. Just got my Realm X tuned, rest installed, peep, d loop, sight on, arrows cut, wrapped and fletched. And now it's 3° outside so I haven't even shot it...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Since I’m buying it off you next year I’d ask that you don’t shoot it outside please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Since I’m buying it off you next year I’d ask that you don’t shoot it outside please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hahaha nope, this is an indoor bow only. I'll buy a Mathews if I want to use a bow outside and bang it off of trees, no loss there...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1