Cast iron tub

First-light

Pretty cool maker's mark on that one. Not sure I've ever come across that kind of detail before!  Made in 1951; 281 gallons; and five feet long. Deep tub for sure.

Scrap guys might take it whole, but they probably won't give you anything for it. Every cast iron tub I've removed was busted up into pieces before heading to the scrap yard. Usually because that was the only way to get them out of the house in the first place. I've knocked knickknacks off of the shelves of neighboring houses while breaking up CI tubs. :rofl:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Pretty cool maker's mark on that one. Not sure I've ever come across that kind of detail before!  Made in 1951; 281 gallons; and five feet long. Deep tub for sure.

Scrap guys might take it whole, but they probably won't give you anything for it. Every cast iron tub I've removed was busted up into pieces before heading to the scrap yard. Usually because that was the only way to get them out of the house in the first place. I've knocked knickknacks off of the shelves of neighboring houses while breaking up CI tubs. :rofl:

Oh yeah shit fell off the wall! The bath also has an original mud job. There ie so much to demo it's crazy! 

2 minutes ago, First-light said:

Oh yeah shit fell off the wall! The bath also has an original mud job. There ie so much to demo it's crazy! 

Best thing for the early muded foors with like a inch of concrete and then tile is a circular saw with a masonry blade. Definitely hang a tarp over the door to keep out the dust from getting out. Wall mudded too? This pic is of the worst i have demoed.

20180226_115231.jpg

20180226_115241.jpg

20180228_115959.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Best thing for the early muded foors with like a inch of concrete and then tile is a circular saw with a masonry blade. Definitely hang a tarp over the door to keep out the dust from getting out. Wall mudded too? This pic is of the worst i have demoed.

20180226_115231.jpg

20180226_115241.jpg

20180228_115959.jpg

Man-O man...that's the same stuff I had to demo out of our old '50's bathroom in August. Nasty metal lathe, but the bathroom was built like a bunker. Concrete walls....ugh...that was tough. Same stupid pink bathtub. Same tile. same layout. Mirror image of our Bathroom. Will have nightmares tonight...lol

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They make a great pig cooker!!! build a cover, set it up on blocks and build a fire under it. 

They also make a great religious shrine to the Virgin Mary when stood upright in the yard. I never really got that, but you see it a lot in certain neighborhoods around me. Mary in the bathtub?

• Like 1

The floor comes up easy, set ur depth on the saw and cut a grid into the floor, whack with a small sledge to lift it a little, then use a small crowbar to lift the pieces out. The walls in that bathroom was the worst. Couldnt use my saw on it because the owners had people refinishing the kitchens cabniets. Had to use mini sledge to bust all the tile and mud. Then go back over with the saw to cut the metal out. Then got to tear out the ceiling, gotta love the time when drywall just came out. 1/4 drywall with a quarter inch of mortar over that...almost not worth the 12hrs for $500. 

1 hour ago, Gencountyzeek said:

20180226_115231.jpg

20180226_115241.jpg

20180228_115959.jpg

Here is mine same shit! This tool does a great job also!

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

• Like 1