UVA

moog5050

Not a game I watched, but sounded exciting! Was glad to see teams make championship game other that usual college BB power-houses. IE; UK, ND, USC, UM, etc. May give the Buffalo team that got knocked out of the tournament in 2nd round by Texas Tech some ... relief for their defeat.

In my bracket, I had Virginia going to the championship game but losing to Duke. I still lost in my work bracket. But was glad to see Virginia fight and scrap their way to a National Championship! I too thought it was a very good tournament this year.

March is about the only time I follow any basketball. I very rarely watch any NBA. The fight and spirit of the college teams, in this tournament can't be matched by the pro's.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I'm not a college sports fan but did enjoy the game last night. Especially the kid who hit the 3 pointer to tie it up with 12 seconds left.

I don't watch much regular season and having watched UVA play purdue and then auburn, I could not understand the hype about DeAndre Hunter.  But he showed something last night for sure!

Hockeys turn! Frozen Four in Buffalo this weekend. When I was a spry young lad in Rhode Island in the 80s my friend’s father taught at Providence. So we went to every Friar home game. They’ll be here Thursday and my buddy’s are coming in to town, should be a great time. Then we head to the Goat to watch the Bruins begin their March to the Cup. To quote the great @biz-r-oworld “What a time to be alive!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18 hours ago, grampy said:

... March is about the only time I follow any basketball. I very rarely watch any NBA. The fight and spirit of the college teams, in this tournament can't be matched by the pro's.

Agree, but.. Have to look past the possible shady college recruitment practices, potential spoon feeding the players their academia, endorsement money and the "one and done" typical phenomenon. Then there's the fact most major (sports) colleges pay their BB coaches more than the Dean of the college...!?! And now the NBA wants to lower the draft age eligibility from 19yo to 18yo. Not to mention the movement to get college athletes a paid wage/salary and full scholarship. All this has turned me off!!! Famous Jerry Maguire movie line - Show me the money!