Spy points new cell cam

I am off my 1st free month and can't add a plan.....keeps saying my address is "invalid" when it makes me update my profile....anyone else have this issue.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No I didn't, I just added a plan to one of mine this morning too...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of these SpyPoint Mini's. Reviews are mixed. So I'm a little jumpy about placing the order. But the price of the cam, and the plan, is very reasonable for a cell camera.

Any others out there with first hand experience with these? What do you think? Would you buy another?

1 hour ago, grampy said:

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of these SpyPoint Mini's. Reviews are mixed. So I'm a little jumpy about placing the order. But the price of the cam, and the plan, is very reasonable for a cell camera.

Any others out there with first hand experience with these? What do you think? Would you buy another?

Wait 45-60 days. There are alot of entry level cell cams hitting the market. Stealth, Muddy, Spypoint, a new Cuddelink, and Tactacam are hitting shelves now or in the next 14 days. Give it a month to see what happens on user feedback.

Spypoint has been all over on reviews and use. I had to stop selling them to clients because they couldn't handle service inquiries and clients would complain. Got more complaints on them in 6 mos. of selling than I did in all my other brands combined for 4-5 years.

The Stealth cells have done extremely well for me - and I wasn't a Stealth fan. I am hoping the Fusion retains alot of the former model performance with the simplicity of setup that it needed. 

Also...if you're looking for multiple cells...just go cuddelink. Save ongoing costs.

Edited by phade
  • Thanks 1

I have 3 now, only had an issue once last year and the camera wasn't transmitting pictures. I need to do an software update on that one apparently but other than that we have 6 of them between 2 of us and overall they work pretty well. No real complaints, I plan to buy more.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Game changers...

Was done back in the 2G days called Trail Lync. Failed miserably due to water leaks, cable pinch, and problems with the SD card connecting consistently.

It will work for some, but it's going to be a tough go of it for some people. One poor guy already reporting that he cracked his screen due to the wire being sandwiched in the cam shell. Another guy could get pics sent with the latch open on the cam but not when door shut because of cable pinch or it slightly pulled the SD card out of the cam slot.

Again...some people will like it, but it's not going to be a tool that is just tossed up with little care.

And will cams be warrantied if you break it due to using the cell link (IE water intrusion or latches breaking, etc.).

Edited by phade

Just picked one up at Tractor Supply for $59. The concept is pretty cool. I have the cell link micro cam also and only issue was getting thru wait time at customer service. Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

20200626_142134.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:29 PM, greg54 said:

Just picked one up at Tractor Supply for $59. The concept is pretty cool. I have the cell link micro cam also and only issue was getting thru wait time at customer service. Other than that, I haven't had any issues.

20200626_142134.jpg

Hows it working 

21 minutes ago, sbuff said:

Hows it working 

Haven't really did anything yet, as I have been side tract with some pretesting for angiogram I'm having next Wed. I have to avoid the high heat we have been experiencing so when it is over I will have it set up at my sisters property. Few health issues to deal with first. Hopefully soon, I'm excited to see how it works

49 minutes ago, greg54 said:

Haven't really did anything yet, as I have been side tract with some pretesting for angiogram I'm having next Wed. I have to avoid the high heat we have been experiencing so when it is over I will have it set up at my sisters property. Few health issues to deal with first. Hopefully soon, I'm excited to see how it works

Hope all goes well for you Greg.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greg54 said:

Yes hang in there 

• Like 1