Youth baseball thread

Zag

Made it to the hotel, I'm super nervous for my son, he's new to this team and competitive baseball. He's super nervous too, hopefully he shake's it off once the game gets going!

Where at? He’s gonna read you and respond like you which I can only say from my mistakes!!!! Verbalize your nervousness and then call it excitement and PLAY ball!!! That’s all I got and wish I had that BEFORE my kids started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Where at? He’s gonna read you and respond like you which I can only say from my mistakes!!!! Verbalize your nervousness and then call it excitement and PLAY ball!!! That’s all I got and wish I had that BEFORE my kids started!

Grand island, near buffalo. They won tonight, son went 0-2 ground out and struck out. Wasn't his best but I know he was super nervous about playing with new kids.

So proud of these boys. We finished the regular season 10-2 with 121 runs scored and 34 against and top seed for the playoffs. 
C96594D2-0804-4B45-9150-3B59E50DF46E.thumb.jpeg.2d38924ce66b1a1cd6e21b92b86a8d05.jpeg

Sweet!!! LOVE the look of that kid seated second from the left! He’s done and needs an ice cream!

• Like 1

Boys team lost again a diamond nation. They are really struggling. Errors are brutal. Every game they are in it and then one inning where it foes the same way...walk...wild pitch...bunt ...safe everywhere. Steal 2nd:..2&3rd no out and let the error parade happen. That is how the last 4 games go from either us up a couple or tied to a lose. Hitting has been selfish - huge swings with kids not realizing the 200’ fences of LL are gone. Hit hard ground balls and lines drives and run the bases (which they don’t do well either).
On the bright side my one kid(catcher) has his batting average onto .393...went from batting 10 to sitting in the 2 hole...ALL singles with one double...JUST GET IN AND PASS THE BATON!!

• Like 1

Lost the game leading up to the championship. Kids couldn't catch a break, son hit twice both pop fly's, not much hitting on our end. Have to say I'm exhausted for sitting in the sun for 2 days.

4 hours ago, zag said:

Lost the game leading up to the championship. Kids couldn't catch a break, son hit twice both pop fly's, not much hitting on our end. Have to say I'm exhausted for sitting in the sun for 2 days.

Brutal isnt it? I'm roasted. I have to say that losing early was a beautiful thing today. I got my lawn mowed and most of a steel roof on my shed

• Like 1

Won again, heading into tomorrow as the 1 seed, all the kids played well, son had a nice hit to right center with the bases loaded, he ended up scoring on an error to clear the bases!

• Like 1