Youth baseball thread

Zag

I’m pretty sure I remember your daughter I showed a picture to my wife and she said she remembered her too small world  

Is 716 still going I heard they were the elite Buffalo team for a while they had a big tall girl who threw fIre was she one of those Clarence pitchers? 
my Kira is playing for couple of teams out of Rochester if we can play this summer 

They’re still going. Their best pitcher left for an Intensity team I believe, she’s also a great third baseman and can rake at the plate. Emma doesn’t want to play in college so she decided to leave 716 and play with her friends in Clarence. Our team looks really good I hope we get some kind of season in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

They’re still going. Their best pitcher left for an Intensity team I believe, she’s also a great third baseman and can rake at the plate. Emma doesn’t want to play in college so she decided to leave 716 and play with her friends in Clarence. Our team looks really good I hope we get some kind of season in

How did Oklahoma University handle Emma’s decision to decline the offer?

Yeah that sux maybe by late July or Aug I hope we can play some.  There is only a few active cases in my county but I think they don’t want folks traveling to spread it and no large crowds so time will tell 

• 2 weeks later...

Put this in Corona thread but it applies here too...get your kids ready...it gonna happen fast!

Non political corona virus thread
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?share_fid=43457&share_tid=65882&share_pid=900728&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhuntingny%2Ecom%2Fforums%2F&share_type=t&link_source=app

Arm care and swing are key but don’t forget those fast twitch muscle movements. Explosive first steps, lateral quickness, reaction drills...my boy is getting a daily ladder drill sequence with some 90’ sprints and some “starts” from a leading posture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Lomax said:

Pitchers and catchers today at Spring Hill park in Penfield this morning 

86F68D5E-19D5-4B94-9A98-7F1B53C11E87.jpeg

Are we allowed to officially practice on town fields?? Duffy nor Bello seem interested in answering that question. 

Yes we are 2nd weekend for us. Not full team practices just smaller groups.  Getting ready for our 1st tournament in PA on 6/27 and 6/28. 

Where are you located..all our town fields are still closed (Westchester county-spitting distance to NYC).
Weren’t sports like phase 3 or 4 whatever that means?

Monroe County 

Town Park several teams have been practicing there.  This is Finger Lakes Region retail and outdoor dining open here too.  Waterloo outlet mall packed today 

think we must be ahead of Westchester in terms of opening 

• Like 1

Yes I just checked and this is Town of Penfield public park and it’s website indicates it’s open from 9am to 10pm. There is big off leash dog park and there was over 25 people there w dogs. Kids on the playground. Slowly reopening here 

• 2 weeks later...
Pitching and catching at Spring Lake Park 
0E4D1E0C-AEF6-461E-9A38-69261B218FDE.thumb.jpeg.87fd70ff09154ff9b330b325c72b84ed.jpeg
E13BBB8F-D47E-402B-86BF-B6E16EE6CDAA.thumb.jpeg.5e8c4c4564b9d474b277ff8f4384e95b.jpeg
303B69AD-EE99-4020-AA0C-7D72DC286ED2.thumb.jpeg.848e981f5ce48e614ee7edc25490f462.jpeg
DE2F9C05-FA56-44B0-A9CE-9F78085606F5.thumb.jpeg.d039648812d0482ce4c2163ce7117d01.jpeg

Atta girl!!! My niece pitches for Colgate. Those girls have nerves of steal ending up like 10 paces from a swinging bat and zipping line drives.
I tried to catch one of her bullpens last summer and came home with a busted thumb and bruised shins. They make that softball do crazy things.

My sons 11u team is back practicing but more tournaments are canceling and as of now only have 2 still on. One I Elmira and Ripken. We might travel to an event in Kentucky for baseball youth the end of July to play some damn ball. Our little league is still shooting for July return which is great because most around here have canceled.

• Like 2

Hope your son gets to play soon Zag we are scheduled for our 1st tournament next weekend in PA near Williamsport then full schedule in July w tournaments and league night on Tues At Onondaga CC.  Lots of new rules mostly involving social distancing and cleanliness.  As long as they get to play safely 

• Like 1

That’s awesome Crappie your niece must be a stud Colgate is division 1.  Wish my daughter got that opportunity one can hope and work at it. 

Yeah man she busted her ass through HS and that continues through college. Tough spring with a canceled season for her obviously especially since she finally got a few at bats in early spring training - 3rd at bat ....Grand Slam....she was fired up for a Swaim for sure and doesn’t have much opportunity to play over the summer. Back to solo training.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lomax said:

Hope your son gets to play soon Zag we are scheduled for our 1st tournament next weekend in PA near Williamsport then full schedule in July w tournaments and league night on Tues At Onondaga CC.  Lots of new rules mostly involving social distancing and cleanliness.  As long as they get to play safely 

Yeah the gov mentioned something Friday about new restrictions and no traveling or tournaments. So annoying 

My grandsons 16u AA travel team has canceled all tournaments. Sucks, as he lost a whole season, not playing varsity school ball as well.

So he went out and got a job at the local horse stable for some spending money. He's been training really hard for football season. Hopefully we will have those games come September!

His goal. Not ours. Is to play either baseball, or football at a D1 school. He just may do it? He works out year round. Has the size, athleticism, coachability, and mindset to make it happen. Barring a major injury or set back, we will see? He will be a junior this fall. Has two more years to develop.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grampy said:

My grandsons 16u AA travel team has canceled all tournaments. Sucks, as he lost a whole season, not playing varsity school ball as well.

So he went out and got a job at the local horse stable for some spending money. He's been training really hard for football season. Hopefully we will have those games come September!

His goal. Not ours. Is to play either baseball, or football at a D1 school. He just may do it? He works out year round. Has the size, athleticism, coachability, and mindset to make it happen. Barring a major injury or set back, we will see? He will be a junior this fall. Has two more years to develop.

That stinks, our travel team said they may try extending the season into the fall if possible. In our state it’s hard to see how football will happen at all at this point. 

• Like 1