Youth baseball thread

Zag

Just booked hotel rooms for tournaments in WV, OH, Buffalo and Lake Placid. Ouch that’s gonna be expensive. 
Kids been pitching well this season, last night was no different, 6k no walks and gave up two blooper hits. 
When ya headed to Buffalo and which tourny(age)?
We may cross paths thus summer.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Zag said:

Just booked hotel rooms for tournaments in WV, OH, Buffalo and Lake Placid. Ouch that’s gonna be expensive. 

Kids been pitching well this season, last night was no different, 6k no walks and gave up two blooper hits. 

Any NIL deals yet?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

Any NIL deals yet?

Hahaha, He is all signed up with barstool sports, jk.
I’m just hoping he continues to enjoy playing baseball and hopefully that leads to opportunity to play into his  college days. I also hope any offers received are in or near the Appalachian / smoky mountains as we are outta here and will follow him. I will also flick off NYS as I cross the state line. Yea NY is draining me in so many ways.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zag said:

Hahaha, He is all signed up with barstool sports, jk.
I’m just hoping he continues to enjoy playing baseball and hopefully that leads to opportunity to play into his  college days. I also hope any offers received are in or near the Appalachian / smoky mountains as we are outta here and will follow him. I will also flick off NYS as I cross the state line. Yea NY is draining me in so many ways.

or skip college and go right to low A

39 minutes ago, BizCT said:

or skip college and go right to low A

With the transfer portal now becoming yearly free agency for college’s, it adds more uncertainty to your spot/scholarship each yr. I have heard of schools now replacing half their roster with transfer portal players. Its all about the $$$

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Round two of the playoffs at 5 tonight in Lancaster, their pitcher is the best in the area, headed to Florida state. Lets make this her final high school game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And if she’s tossing heat, dig ur cleats in the dirt a little more, choke up a little and have a f you attitude at the plate, good things will come!!

54 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Round two of the playoffs at 5 tonight in Lancaster, their pitcher is the best in the area, headed to Florida state. Lets make this her final high school game

Someone paid to Tonya Harding her?

Well it's happened Brantley is officially cranking the ball. New bat after other one had a bend. Planting foot and driving forward. Compliments from both his coaches at both practices. Dad helped out fielding at little league practice I'm hurt but army kicks in when your needed. Suck it up and drive on. He fielded great and batted great at both practices. From a outsider beginning of season to be told thank you for showing the younger kids how to play baseball. Been told by coaches he's the most respectful and out going and trying to be a leader in dugout. He's come along way everyone likes him on team and made it to lead off hitter. The coach asked him Brantley you like hitting off pitcher he said I love it. One coach said he ready to be moved up. Now just waiting for call up if player is needed. He's a diamond in the rough waiting to show the team that didn't want him on team on June 13. Finally his name is getting noticed in a good way.

• Like 4

Well it's happened Brantley is officially cranking the ball. New bat after other one had a bend. Planting foot and driving forward. Compliments from both his coaches at both practices. Dad helped out fielding at little league practice I'm hurt but army kicks in when your needed. Suck it up and drive on. He fielded great and batted great at both practices. From a outsider beginning of season to be told thank you for showing the younger kids how to play baseball. Been told by coaches he's the most respectful and out going and trying to be a leader in dugout. He's come along way everyone likes him on team and made it to lead off hitter. The coach asked him Brantley you like hitting off pitcher he said I love it. One coach said he ready to be moved up. Now just waiting for call up if player is needed. He's a diamond in the rough waiting to show the team that didn't want him on team on June 13. Finally his name is getting noticed in a good way.
Glad he didn't call it quits on 6/13!
Enjoy the summer.....gotta love baseball!

• Like 2

8U won again last night. They are still undefeated and my youngest went 5-5 and made a nice catch at 1st base to get the runner out. Now we are off for the weekend. Headed out camping to the Old Forge area.

c922f4007353727220f3390ded0b7a82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My oldest was called up for Sectionals and Troy Softball (Secton 2) is in the final this evening against Burnt Hills in Malta. If it is anthing like their first meeting (12 Innings), it will be an excellent game. 

Although she is only pinch running for the catcher, it has been a good experience for her and I hope she can contribute today. If anything, it will motivate her as she has never rode the pine before.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, SilentStalker said:

My oldest was called up for Sectionals and Troy Softball (Secton 2) is in the final this evening against Burnt Hills in Malta. If it is anthing like their first meeting (12 Innings), it will be an excellent game. 

Although she is only pinch running for the catcher, it has been a good experience for her and I hope she can contribute today. If anything, it will motivate her as she has never rode the pine before.

The call ups are really cool, good for her! Our school seemed to stop doing it since covid

8U won again last night. They are still undefeated and my youngest went 5-5 and made a nice catch at 1st base to get the runner out. Now we are off for the weekend. Headed out camping to the Old Forge area.

Is that a pitching machine league?
Boys 8u travel uses the jugs machine in wny.

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

She looks like a hitter. 

Is that a pitching machine league?
Boys 8u travel uses the jugs machine in wny.

It’s machine pitch. Usually jugs but that night they had the spring arm style one.

We've been off since last practice on Wednesday. Next game is Tuesday. Well practice at home with fielding and hitting and throwing. Glad they take into consideration people's plans for holiday. Great thinking on the leagues part. I know it's a break for us. Traveling to practice and games 5 times a week for 2 different teams. 

• Like 1

12U won again last night. They are now 7-1. My daughter is still without a hit but the pitchers they faced yesterday where not good. The first pitcher hit 3 out of the first 4 batters she faced and was pulled. The other pitchers struggled to get the ball anywhere near the plate so my daughter struck out once and was walked 4 times. 

Tonight is 8U if the rain holds out and it does not get canceled. 

• Like 2

12U won again last night. They are now 7-1. My daughter is still without a hit but the pitchers they faced yesterday where not good. The first pitcher hit 3 out of the first 4 batters she faced and was pulled. The other pitchers struggled to get the ball anywhere near the plate so my daughter struck out once and was walked 4 times. 
Tonight is 8U if the rain holds out and it does not get canceled. 

That happens lol, but the pitchers get much better quickly. Tell her shes getting one good pitch and until she sees it the bat stays on her shoulder

• Like 1

Tonight son had town ball practice. Got called after 1/2 hour cuz of rain. Then off to little league game. Man did it rain and they played through it all 6 innings. Brantley was 3-3 3 singles. Lead off single off pitcher. Then second time up faced different pitcher. First time he faced a lefty pitcher so lefty on lefty. He hit it off end of bat and got a single. Looked like he got under it. 3 time up was off coach. He told him throw it fast. He did swung first time and missed but crushed second pitch for a base hit. Fielding was good. Played short second and right field and was by coach pitching. Team won but don't matter as long as he had fun.

• Like 1