Anyone put their trailcam out yet?

sssurfertim

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent put any out in suffolk this year but i know a few guys that have them out and are getting some good pics of some real nice bucks.  I also fear the chiggers had a real bad expierence with them 2 years ago and i hope to never go through that again.

I don't know what's going on but I was up at camp last weekend and there were bucks all out the place. Nice 8 pt all the way down to spikes. My house is on a dirt road and I looked out the door there were 3 deer feeding along the road all bucks 3 spikes. Plus I say a 4 pt and they are still growing.  I must have seem 8 different bucks. Never in 18 years have I seem so many bucks. I have them on my trail camera too.

Dave

Its prob the AR spill over from the zone next to you :D

Never know could be, our guys don't shoot does. Some may have been button bucks last year. I know there was a nice 6pt no one got maybe he is the 8pt I saw.

Dave

I put mine out July 3rd.  R&R'd the card last Thursday and had some good deer on it.  Problem is, I probably had coyotes on it at least 25% of the days it was out.  How do coyote taste? <grin>

Looking forward to pulling the card again in another couple weeks.

mine are out, got some bruisers in velvet ... im pumped for this season. me and my buddy have some good area covered.  ;)

Pictures Pictures? I wanna see.  My cam went out this morning, going to get in on monday.  Its about 2 miles in and don't think anyone will find it.....hopefully.  Spooked a deer with headgear this morning real wide couldn't tell how many points, saw a few turkeys as well.

lol no the pictures will remain between me and my buddy... last year i posted some pics of some nice deer this year i am taking a different approach for more then one reason. I will post pics when i get one of these big boys down.

lol no the pictures will remain between me and my buddy... last year i posted some pics of some nice deer this year i am taking a different approach for more then one reason. I will post pics when i get one of these big boys down.

Jinxd yourself last year?  I totally understand, Someone told me that I will never see 3/4's of the deer I get pics of.

that is deff one of the biggest reason lol... last year i watched a nice buck grow into a 175 - 180" deer easy... watched him a few times a week undetected... but that was ruined, not to mention some of the guys at the club had seen the pics i took of him. So i am taking a different approach this year and hunting a new area. i am ready to see what comes running by me this year and doesnt make it out lol