Strapless trail cam mount

BuckNutts

This is great example of a super unique redneck piece of engineering using <$5 worth of hardware. The idea mentioned in the video using a piece of 2"x2" with a strap and the hardware mtging attached to it is a novel  idea also! Not sure I'd use either of these on public lands with all the horror stories I've heard about trail cam thefts!??! Not that Python locking cables are a great anti-theft deterrent, used in conjunction with above mounts, they do come in longer that the typical ~6' lengths. Just a DYK.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just deployed them today but made a big mistake, the screw in eye hooks are way too blunt. I had to really lean into them to start them. Next time I’ll buy sharper ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pre drill with a cordless drill before threading   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Sounds like an awful lot of work just to attach the camera to a tree, aernt the straps easier? I use straps on all my trail cams at all different angles and all types of trees and never had an issue. Straps to me are just plain simple and easy to attach.

same.

• Like 1

Sounds like an awful lot of work just to attach the camera to a tree, aernt the straps easier? I use straps on all my trail cams at all different angles and all types of trees and never had an issue. Straps to me are just plain simple and easy to attach.
Are you shimming to get different angles?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Can’t you spot a strap from 150 yards? These are so much better and infinitely adjustable

• Like 1

Can’t you spot a strap from 150 yards? These are so much better and infinitely adjustable

I set out two tonight.....not the the easiest to get started in the tree......but love the adjustability.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Damn......if only we had a senior instructor at the Academy who had the skills to fabricate something like that with a nice sharp long taper screw. 
Let me check the directory..........
Tapered screw may do the trick! I was sweating bullets trying to get that dam eye screw started. I was having flashbacks to bow season when I forgot a bow holder and was frantically screwing one in once again sweating my ass off!!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Damn......if only we had a senior instructor at the Academy who had the skills to fabricate something like that with a nice sharp long taper screw. 
Let me check the directory..........

Isn’t he off to the tropics living off residuals from his contract with Mosey Oak, Real Tree, and Whitetail USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk