Pennsylvania Camp Sites

Moho81

Ok you guys came through last time for the Adirondacks. Let’s test you’re knowledge on PA camp sites.

No city camping like a KOA

5ish hours away or less from the Buffalo area

Camping trailer friendly

Showers and bathroom a plus

And GO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ives Run near Tioga PA is an excellent facility. It's operated by US Army Corp of Engineers on Lake Hammond. Large campsites with decent spacing between them. They accept Senior Pass which is a National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass (62 or older). Last I knew the discount is 50% on camping. Thousands of acres of state game lands nearby. Boat Launch. Small store. Visitors center with wildlife displays. Nice showers.

Your travel there from Buffalo would be almost entirely interstate with the last 10 miles or so on PA state highways.

Facility is usually booked solid on weekends. Reservations highly recommended (if in fact they aren't required).

Main drawback is that I believe they close for the season in mid to late October, so they are of little use during the main firearms season.

Edited by Bigfoot 327

6 hours ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

Ives Run near Tioga PA is an excellent facility. It's operated by US Army Corp of Engineers on Lake Hammond. Large campsites with decent spacing between them. They accept Senior Pass which is a National Parks and Federal Recreation Lands Pass (62 or older). Last I knew the discount is 50% on camping. Thousands of acres of state game lands nearby. Boat Launch. Small store. Visitors center with wildlife displays. Nice showers.

Your travel there from Buffalo would be almost entirely interstate with the last 10 miles or so on PA state highways.

Facility is usually booked solid on weekends. Reservations highly recommended (if in fact they aren't required).

Main drawback is that I believe they close for the season in mid to late October, so they are of little use during the main firearms season.

Although I've never camped there I've been in the campground a number of times.  A couple friends have camp during the archery season there and hunt the state land for deer a number of times.  I've driven buy the lake hundreds of times on Rt 287 and thought what a great spot for a campground. 

Parker Dam State Park, near Dubois - St. Marys, Pa. Nice campground about 2 miles off main rd (Pa 153) Plus you are only abut 15 minute drive to Benezette where you can witness some of Pa's best elk herd! And the bugling starts up in September! My wife and i try to go every Columbus day weekend.

• Like 1

Bilgers Rocks

https://yelp.to/qTKq/8B2lD4hnwZ

Parker Dam State Park

28 Fairview Rd, Penfield, PA 15849 https://g.co/kgs/YJ88Nu

SINNEMAHONING STATE PARK Campground

Campground Rd, Austin, PA 16720
(814) 647-8401 https://g.co/kgs/XVKXAN

If you go in Sept your not far from bennzette pa and the elk center, will be prime rut and should be bugeling throughout the town