bullet/gun this season

sbuff

My encore with bergara 50 cal barrel hornady xtp 240 grain 100 grains of Blackhorn 209 harvester crush rib sabot and cci primers.  My gun for the entire season.  Early ml season t/c hawken 50 caliber 80 grains goex ffg patched round ball I mold mtyself .490 177 grain rws #11 cap.

For MZ I will be using 50cal. Lyman Great Plains Hunter w/ 490 RB, .15 patch and 90 grains FF. And in case it rains or I just want to use something else, it will be the omega X7 w/ 250 gr shockwave and 100 grain pellets. Either way can't wait!  8)

I am going to say  sweet. New Ultra Light Arms always shoot lights out. Is Melvin still making them

Yes, Melvin is still at the helm.  Actually, I have a brand new one in hand that I'm going to do some load work for in the next couple weeks.  It belongs to a friend who isn't into the load work like I am!

Mine is a  left handed and my buddies is RH.  I think very highly of his center fire guns also.

Melvin is a peach of a guy.  If you ever call him, and I highly recommend you do, block off about 45 minutes for the call because he'll talk your ear off and load you up with tons of great info.

I have seen some great groups with imr-4759. Melvin is like Gordy at knight they are both great guys and great to the sport of muzzle loading

That's what I stuff mine with, SR 4759.  Works like a charm.  Hopefully it works as good in my friends........

I am going to say  sweet. New Ultra Light Arms always shoot lights out. Is Melvin still making them

Yes, Melvin is still at the helm.  Actually, I have a brand new one in hand that I'm going to do some load work for in the next couple weeks.  It belongs to a friend who isn't into the load work like I am!

Mine is a  left handed and my buddies is RH.  I think very highly of his center fire guns also.

Melvin is a peach of a guy.  If you ever call him, and I highly recommend you do, block off about 45 minutes for the call because he'll talk your ear off and load you up with tons of great info.

When he gets bored with it Larry make sure to drop me a line. ;)

Good to see some lovin' for the NULA here, and you thought it weren't traditional enough to post :)

Same old same old here.....Rem 700 with some 385 Great Plains hp's....all season including shotgun local.

When he gets bored with it Larry make sure to drop me a line. ;)

Good to see some lovin' for the NULA here, and you thought it weren't tradional enough to post :)

Same old same old here.....Rem 700 with some 385 Great Plains hp's....all season including shotgun local.

That "ol 700 will get it done just fine!

I got a chance to shoot my buddies today.  Started with 43gr of powder and worked up to 43.5 and settled it at 44gr.  Groups were good but I'd need to spend a bit more time in cooler temps to get it where I'D like it ;)

It was shooting right at 1 1/4" or so.  He'll be satisfied and I've fulfilled an obligation. ;) ;) ;)

Shot my 243 Remington 700 LH again while letting the barrel cool on the ML.  More pleasure with the 90gr Lapua Scenars..................!!

Boy do I enjoy punching paper, dirt, steel & flesh!

Had this 700 ML for a while.....triggers pretty good.

Should have converted to 209 primers when I had the chance. Using #11 pc's as it came set up for....PIA when they are stuck on the nipple......

Built a new shooting bench; came out good; check PM's here for link to some pics.......

• 2 weeks later...

Now that hunting season is in CLOSE site,whats everyone shooting this season. I am going to use my TC X7 and am still up in the air on bullet.It will be the 300gr deep curl or the 350gr FPB.

Well, I haven't really made up my mind as yet, but it is down to two. It will either be my T/C percussion .58 with a Three Rivers 500 gr. Minie Ball in front of 65 gr. 2F Goex, or my Miroku Brown Bess flint musket with a patched .735 round ball in front of 90 gr. 2F Goex.

Either way, anything within 40 yards is in a heap of trouble.